What happens to iDisk!?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Pay, iCloud, and other Apple Services' started by BackcountryBoy, Jun 6, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

So iCloud syncs iWork documents... great!

But what about the gigs of PDFs and other documents I have on my iDisk?

2. scaredpoet, Jun 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2011

macrumors 603

scaredpoet

Same problem here. I use iDisk quite a bit to sync lots more than just photos and iWork stuff. I keep MS Office documents, PDFs, some adobe Illustrator files on there.

I get that Steve doesn't like "files," but frankly, a lot of still work with files. that's just the way things are.

If they dump iDisk, I guess I'll just give my money to dropbox then.

EDIT: I just got off a chat with a MobileMe support rep. It took 30 minutes to get one... I suspect a LOT of users are asking similar questions.

The bottom line is: beyond June 2012, they don't know either what will happen to these services. The hope is that more details will be available around the time iCloud officially launches.

Transcript below: I didn't push the issue since it didn't seem like there would be a point to it. Though if people keep inquiring about these services, hopefully someone at Apple will get the message that yeah, people still use these things. While I understand there was a lot of egg on the faces at Apple when MobileMe stumbled during launch, the fact is, people are using it now, and it works pretty well for what it does.

3. macrumors 6502a

According to this article, you can purchase additional storage in iCloud. I'm hoping this means that we can still store other random files like PDF's in a "general storage" area of our iCloud accounts.

4. macrumors member

I've been wondering this too. I use iDisk a lot.

5. macrumors newbie

Accessing iDisk Files

Apple told me you can still upload and download idisk files through me.com/idisk

6. MRU
    macrumors demi-god

MRU

Old thread ;-)

But yes iDisk is working thank goodness. I'm just hoping we are given the opportunity to have an additional premium service to save me the hassle of moving my websites and shared files on another server come June 30th 2012.