What have you bought to get that "new" Mac Feeling again?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Gymnut, Nov 13, 2003.

1. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Apr 18, 2003
    Like the subject indicates, what have you bought for your Mac to bring back that "new" Mac feeling?

I for one meandered over to my local Apple store and bought a Griffin Powermate. It's the silver model since they didn't carry the all black one. It's primarily a toy and I love the pulsating blue light it emits from its base. It compliments my Antec LED stick I have strung atop my 17" Apple LCD.
  2. whocares macrumors 65816

Oct 9, 2002
    Panther. "[...] it's like having an all-new Mac."
  3. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Jun 25, 2002
    Gone but not forgotten.
    I bought a PowerLogix G3/800 upgrade for my G3/400 and a GeForce4 MX card.
  4. sethypoo macrumors 68000

Oct 8, 2003
    Sacramento, CA, USA
    Widgets from the Konfabulator website are really neat.

Over 500 widgets to get, just download the Konfabulator, then go to the "Gallery" link at the top of the page.

Have fun!

:) :rolleyes: :D
  5. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

May 15, 2003
    San Francisco
    I bought a new Mac!

Actually, back in the days of my Performa, I'd reinstall the system software to make it feel new again. Yeah, I had a lot of free time on my hands back then...
  6. themadchemist macrumors 68030

Jan 31, 2003
    Chi Town
    Apple 17" LCD...sweet, oh so sweet, man I love this thing. SO much better than my CRT. SWEET, AWESOME, INCREDIBLE!
  7. Tiauguinho macrumors 6502a

Mar 5, 2002
    The Netherlands
    A Dual G5! :D

Its the best thing you can do to get that "New Mac Feeling!". hehehehehehee.
  8. jefhatfield Retired

Jul 9, 2000
    my last two mac purchases was an ibook in late 1999 and a mac clone six months before which was which was a used model

so it has been awhile

but since i am a computer tech, and have fixed hundreds of machines over the last five years, i got lucky since one of my clients with a spare dual G4 500 and had no room for the machine and had to make way for newer mac stuff

so he let me use it and while not brand spanking new, the dual 500s spank my single mobile
    G3 processor in my ibook and the dual G4 feels like a new amazingly powerful machine

if i do get a new mac, it will be after i return the dual G4 500 if i don't buy it

i would need something to bench as fast as that like a 1 ghz emac or a 1 ghz ibook, with the superior bus, ddr, and graphics cards and those two would at least keep pace with my dual 500 and perhaps surpass it

for me i wouldn't need to jump several steps and get a dual G5 2 ghz model with 8 gb of ram becuase that would be over kill for photoshop, illustrator, freehand, acrobat reader, internet and email, and light gaming...and whatever PC side programming the mac would let me do through emulation
  9. mymemory macrumors 68020

May 9, 2001
    I have 3 Pismos, I do not need new macs feelings, I get them every morining when I see these beauties. :)
  10. Daveman Deluxe macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

Jun 17, 2003
    Corvallis, Oregon
  11. jefhatfield Retired

Jul 9, 2000
    when i first started using apple machines as a teen apple seemed to be the computer company with the market share

shortly after that steve (the real one who designed the first machines and wrote the operating system) put on the US concerts which were the best and biggest since woodstock and i felt that much more proud of apple inc

then through part of the latter 80s up to the late 90s, apple inc seemed to be the company that lost the market share and totally lost the war to those other guys called microsoft

but when steve jobs came back and the crt imac was introduced, i got a feeling of the newness and invicibility of apple again...the best feeling in my gut since the great apple II e when it was a must have for everyone in my neck of the woods...nor cal and silicon valley

so anything since the september '98 imac has the new feeling to me, and the stuff made in the last 18 months has that newest of the new feeling

the one machine that knocks my socks off, at least for my humble lifestyle, is the power packed 12" powerbook
  12. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    My wife purchased a 15" PowerBook 1.25 at the Panther release party. She enjoys it very much.