what have you developed?

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by wmmk, Jul 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macrumors 68020

Mar 28, 2006
    The Library.
    I see a lot of you guys in here talking about programming and helping each other with it, but what have you developed? Please include links:D
  2. macrumors 68030

Apr 17, 2004
    Mainly examples from the books I've been reading, but I made the SDL RPG called C[Slice] aka Lucent Sword (I stopped working on it at version 0.2.5b). Anyways, you can see download it if you search the forums for C[Slice]. I've got some apps in mind to develop.
  3. macrumors regular

Apr 15, 2006
    not much

I only program something when I think I have a good idea, and most of the time when it helps me directly. http://www.wneary.com/java/javaprogramming.html so far anything woth mentioning is a a prime number program series that I started (1.0) then I saw a friends c++ prime number program. His was soo much faster, the competition was on (at least in my eyes). After 2.11 (I know it sould be 2.1.1 but I am too lazy to fix it right now) another friend made one like mine in java only with a linked list and made it multi-threaded. By this time it was all or nothing, I made 2.2 feature pause continue and stop which is always nice (mine is as fast as it will get unless I implement a new algorithm).

I plan on making a program that will run on the server that will on the fly generate a tileable picture for my website and replace the old background as often as I want (it will probably be every 1/2 hour or so).

So yeah I'm going on and on about practly nothing... but it is my first true GUI.
  4. macrumors regular

Mar 16, 2004
    Palo Alto, CA
    I guess being more on the web side of things.. here are a couple

Renkoo Adium Message Style

A demo using the Dojo Toolkit and pulling data from Amazon Web Services called "dTuned"

The user interface for the Web 2.0 App "Renkoo"
  5. macrumors regular

Feb 21, 2006
    How does anyone learn Java? I have been wanting to learn it for a long time now. I just think it is so awesome that you can make a program by yourself. Also, I want to get a head start before I take Computer Science.:)
  6. Administrator

Staff Member

Feb 5, 2004
    New Zealand
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.