What have you wanted to do but never would?

Discussion in 'Community' started by G5orbust, Aug 26, 2003.

1. G5orbust macrumors 65816

G5orbust

I have wanted to go into the Apple store with my powerbook running Panther and a HD full of bootleg software (PS8 beta, etc.) and ask them to fix it because it has some imaginary malfunction associated with Panther. Then, when the clerk asks if I am a developer, I want to answer "no" and see how he reacts and see if he actually fixes my computer. If he refuses, Ill just start aruguing with him.

Plus, Id be getting this all on film.

Anyone else got anything?

2. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

I'll withhold comment on this thread as any response I have could be held against me as evidence of criminal intent.:D

3. XnavxeMiyyep macrumors 65816

XnavxeMiyyep

Make the alert sound be "Attention! You have downloaded a virus! Please delete the Applications folder and restart the computer!"

Or maybe use TextEdit and speach to have 2 computers have an hour-long conversation with each other.

4. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

To tell my management what I really think of them and their "ideas" :rolleyes: :D :(

5. RandomDeadHead macrumors 6502

I would like to run into congress, pull down my pants and let one rip. :D

6. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

good question...

since I don't feel regret for anything that's happened or not in my life...I should think about this... ;)

7. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I'm with edesignuk - and the only way that will happen is if I plan on leaving. I have on several occasions really come close, though.

D :D

8. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Does using the open sunroof in Bill Gates' car as a toilet and his shirts as TP count?

With my luck I'd a stomach virus, and be saddled with diarrhea, the only chance I'd get to go through with it.

9. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

I've always wanted to go either skydiving or flying in an F-16. I doubt either of those will happen in the span of my lifetime..... Maybe the skydiving one. Skydiving has to be a huge rush, not to mention the view up there.

10. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Hey, if George senior could do it, then the only thing stopping you is yourself. You can go and jump tandem with an instructor and it won't cost more than $100 some places.

D :D

11. crazytom macrumors 6502a

crazytom

To the moon!

I'd like to go to the moon or somewhere in space. I know I never would, but it would be wild to look back on the earth from up there.

12. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Hmmmmm........

I would like to become friends with this girl from my grade named Kelly.

I would have liked to be agressive and short tempered like most of the boys I know. (But I don't think I would ever even dream of hitting someone, and it takes a lot to get me really mad).

I would have liked to exchange some of those hours playing starcraft for hours of learning VB, c++, java, and cocoa. ;)

I would like to get my dad a ****ing cord from his small intestines to the waste treatment plant, because everymorning he farts ~400 times on his way to the toilet (stinking up the whole house) and then makes a bathroom inacessable for a couple hours by taking a **** in there. His 'morning dump'.

scem0

13. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Stand on top of Everest, or some other similar peak.

14. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

actually, your dad's waste-producing habits could produce fuel adequate to heat your home, if properly harnessed.

I did a science fair project where I captured methane from cow dung (yes, I had it sitting in a jug in my house, near the kitchen no less!). It really is quite efficient.

I hear pig dung is nice too. Human stuff isn't as good, but with your dad's quantities, it might do the trick. ;)

15. jrv3034 macrumors 6502a

Re: To the moon!

Ditto. That has to be the most amazing feeling in the world. I'm not really interested in other planets, but going to the Moon... what a rush! And only a handful of people have ever gotten a chance at it. Well, maybe someday...

16. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Okay I guess there are a few things I could mention in here I hadn't immediately thought of. I always wanted to go into the Navy and get to be on a Nuclear sub. I guess a private personal sub would be a lot of fun too. Also in the Navy get to fly a F/A 18 Hornet. Get a ride on the Space Shuttle. Meet Alien life. Be an F1 driver.

Okay that's enough for now the list goes on.....

17. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Ditto! ;)

Actually I would to have liked to run for government office, but I know I'm too honest and politically naive to last very long. It's sad really, but many politicians these days put their own personal agenda above what's best for the public... that's gotta change.

Raid

18. Giaguara macrumors 6502a

Everything I've wanted to do I've either have done or will do one day.
    Or are on the list of "things that i have to do once in my life" - such as driving a ferrari, getting a plane without (having / buying a) ticket, get married, have sex in an airplane, dry coca ...

Or maybe I'll not try coca. I'm just afraid that I would like it.

19. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

Walk up to a harry potter fan, dressed in full character garb, if they knew when the devil is signing his next book.

Oh wait....

I've never gotten to say "I have a plane to catch", nor broken a beer bottle over a bar countertop :( I've also never gotten the lead in a play :(

*is a good actor!!!!*

20. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I don't really have any regrets. Can't think of anything that I would change. All of my life experinces have made me what I am today!

21. King Cobra macrumors 603

Re: Re: To the moon!

-->I'd like to go to the moon or somewhere in space. (crazytom)

-->That has to be the most amazing feeling in the world. (jrv3034)

What?

Also agreeing with MacBandit. ((cough) f*** my elementary (cough))

One thing I (most likely) will not do is something I got from an email. But it would be interesting to go into a clothing department's fitting room and yell "We're out of toilet paper in here!"

-- _ --

22. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

spree killing?

umm... there are a lot of things i'd like to do but probably won't. a lot of travel, to places that are dangerous, a lot of different lifestyles that are unrealistic, so many things.

and there are a whole host of drugs i'd love to try but really shouldn't... damn consequences anyway...

pnw

23. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

ultimate goal: become a lead engineer for apple.

but i've always wanted to be "the invisible man"...ah...just imagine the things you could do if no one knew that you were there ;)

or be the boss of an organized crime syndicate...just call me "godfather"

24. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Being invisible would be really cool but it's hardly something that you wish you had done in your life. Besides being invisible would really suck in large crowds and in traffic in a big city. SPLAT!!!

25. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

I always wanted to sh*g Kate Bush, but for some reason, never got round to it, y'know how it is...:D :D ;)

Seriously, I'd love to track down the first karate sensei I had, he always maintained that karate was the best martial art, I'd really love to kick his arse all round the dojo using aikido.