Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Randman

macrumors 65816
Jul 28, 2008
Jacksonville, Fla
Jaybird Bluebuds.Best pair of portable headphones I've used had. Sweat and water-proof. Adjustable. Last well and you can take calls from them. I also have the stock Apple buds with an little adapter to make them fit more snugly behind the ear as backups but almost never use them.
jaybird_bluebudx-inthebox.jpg

zone23

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2012
To be fair I didn't think you would think it.

Well I have the headphones so I know they sound great regardless of whether or not that guy was paid off. Had I not thought they sounded good I would have just returned them no big deal.

Will22

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
Well I have the headphones so I know they sound great regardless of whether or not that guy was paid off. Had I not thought they sounded good I would have just returned them no big deal.

I tried them as well and I didn't find them that good and they feel like a £10 pair from the bargain bin.

AbsynthMinded

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2015
IEMs: Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2s
- arguably the best sounding IEMs I have ever used for its price range which seems to coincide with your own price range. The secure grip also keeps the headphones in your ears a lot if that is a concern for you and its easily adjustable.

Over-Ear: Audio Technica M50
- I usually prefer not to use over-ears with my phone just because of the inconvenience of carrying around but I really like these headphones. Again looking at your price range and these are the best bang for your buck IMO

I have tried and own IEMs/headphones much fancier than these but if I was considering a budget, these are the ones I would get.

I will agree with others on the Jaybirds Bluebuds X and X2, those are some great workout headphones.

Will22

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
They have earned a bad reputation. But the solo 2 are as if they are from a different company sound wise. Still too pricey at full retail but decent at $100 or so.

I agree with you on that price point. Another thing I didn't like about them was how cheap they feel.

I know they got a bad reputation but it was deserved, putting weights in them to make them feel more substantial is not the way to go if you want a good reputation.

npolly0212

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 21, 2015
Sorry I haven't commented in a long long time. Must have never seen the notification for some reason to everybody

I ended with a pair of beats solo2 wireless

I am now in the field of searching for some in ear headphones as well.
I purchased some jaybird x2's, but the battery life wasn't that great for me, and I don't think they are to comfy in my ear and start to hurt after a while.

So I am going back through everybody's posts and going to be researching again!

yashz

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2015
USA
My friend bought a pair of Onkyo E700BT wireless earphones for me and that's very comfortable for my small ears. Sounds not bad and it has mic also. Works flawlessly for me.

TribeFan1

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2013
Sorry I haven't commented in a long long time. Must have never seen the notification for some reason to everybody

I ended with a pair of beats solo2 wireless

I am now in the field of searching for some in ear headphones as well.
I purchased some jaybird x2's, but the battery life wasn't that great for me, and I don't think they are to comfy in my ear and start to hurt after a while.

So I am going back through everybody's posts and going to be researching again!

Take a look at the Beats PowerBeats Wireless2 headphones if you want wireless ones. They're pretty comfortable and great for the gym. However mine just have had the tip that holds the cushion on break off from the base, so I'll have to get them warranty replaced. But Apple has done that with my Solo 2's so I don't see it being much of an issue.

If you want wired, I'm using the Bose Soundtrue Ultras. They are extremely comfortable to wear for long periods of time and sound great. In the past I have had the Bose IE2's, which were also really good but started to short out at the base after 3 years of daily usage.

matthew.murillo951

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2015
Currently I'm using the SkullCandy wireless buds. I've wanted to get a pair but didn't want to invest any more than $80.00. I was able to pick them up for $49.99 at Best Buy. Very reasonable given the price.

Minarets

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2011
If you buy jaybird bluebuds X (the original. The x2 comes with comply foam tips) you need to buy some comply foam tips. They isolate better, so sound is better, they are more comfy and they stay in the ear better no matter how you sweat.

npolly0212

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 21, 2015
Thanks for the recommendations.
I just didn't think the battery life of the jay bird x2 was good, and after a well they hurt my ears

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.