What I like best about OS X, Mac...

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by MorganX, Jun 6, 2003.

1. MorganX macrumors 6502a

Jan 20, 2003
    OK, enough creative criticism. Time for what I like best.

UI, icon look and feel.

Overall speed may not be there but I like the overal capacity. i.e. fewere slowdowns than alternative OS'.

No Crashes. A few hangs easily killed, only "needed" to restart due to performance twice in 6 months.

iTunes and iPod integration and unparalleled, the CD buring is quick and easy too, though no CD-text

I like the Dock as well as the start menu.

The Mac experience has made computing fun again.

I like Firewire.

Quality and presentation of hardware.

SOHO netowrkign as easy as pie.

Wireless networking setup way ahead of competitors.

Though far from finished, I really like Safari and it's bookmark management.
  2. tazo macrumors 68040

Apr 6, 2003
    Pacific Northwest, Seattle, WA actually
    i like that everything works when i need it to. I have never tried to get the modem to work, when i needed to get online to contact a friend. i like that my documents always open. I like that my computer doesnt crash. I like that its a mac.
  3. iShater macrumors 604

Aug 13, 2002
    Well, where do we start? :)

- I love the look of the OS, the icons are gorgous, the windows are cool, the system is beautiful

- I think the performance of the OS is great in terms of multitasking, copying a file across the LAN doesn't lock me out of work!

- Had one situation where I had to kill everything and restart, and that was when I shutodown my PC and I had drives mounted on the Mac. I think I was impatient :p

- I hated the start menu, I love the dock. *I* decide if I wanted the application to be in the doc, no need for the gigantic Start Menu when you have tons of apps installed.

- I use a PC at work, and when I get home I actually can't wait to get on the Mac. My PCs didn't enjoy that. I LOVE using the iBook!

- I love the hardware! The cool little features that make life grand, the battery power indicater, sleep light, the hinge for the screen, the power adapter design, umm... uhhh... the box it came in! :D

As a switcher, this has been an awesome experience, and best of all, I don't miss Windows! ;)
  4. jadariv macrumors regular

Sep 11, 2002
    I like the fact that my Tibook has not been shut down in over three months and there is no noticeable difference in the way it works. No ram issues, no slowdowns, no nuthin'.

And when he sleeps on my nightstand his little light gives me just enough luminence to help me make my way to the bathroom at 3 am without stubbing my toe.

Just had a warm fuzzy and hugged my tibook. My cat and dog are looking at me funny.
  5. iShater macrumors 604

Aug 13, 2002
    I was telling my friends we had a new family member that came in at 12" and 4.9Lbs... they looked at me funny too. :p
  6. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

Oct 24, 2002
    The West Loop

You know what I like about OS X and Macs?

All you guys!

I wuuuuuuuv you! <smak> Mwaah!
  7. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

Oct 24, 2002
    The West Loop
    Ok. That was almost too disgusting even for me. :D
  8. Wes macrumors 68020

Jun 22, 2001
    Great job, you just grossed us all out. :p

Ok my favourite parts, the OS(no doubt), hardward/software integration, support and community.
  9. iShater macrumors 604

Aug 13, 2002
    Heheheh, but you have to admit the Mac community is a loving community!

Where does the Chicago Mac MeetUp meet at?
  10. Cindy macrumors regular

Jun 5, 2003
    I have both the OS X and the 9.2.2 on my new eMac and I was very reluctant to use the OS X so for the first few days I just used the 9.2.2 but today I have set up everything in the OS X and I am beginning to really enjoy it.
    I like the big icons at the bottom of the screen.
    I have only tapped into a few things so far.
    I got my printer and scanner hooked up and everything works! A big plus for me.
    The scanner tho... gets brought up by the 9.2.2
    When I loaded the software into the new computer, I put it into the 9.2.2 Should I re-install the scanner software onto the OS X or just leave it in the 9.2.2??

It works fine. I just scan and save the pic onto disk which goes on over to the OS X. Did that make sense? LOL.
    I had to do that with the printer. It wouldn't print when in the OS X because I had loaded the software onto the 9.2.2 only.
    So, I guess it's loaded in both areas. I wonder if I should delete it off the 9.2.2 to save memory or not?
    Thanks for any input and suggestions.
  11. vniow macrumors G4

Jul 18, 2002
    I accidentally my whole location.
    the best part!

I wuv all of you guys (and girls) too!