What I love about OSX being UNIX...

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Nipsy, Jun 29, 2002.

1. Nipsy macrumors 65816

Nipsy

2. Choppaface macrumors 65816

FKLEUTOIUOPIYU@I#$&*(&@^!#!!!!!!!!!!!

damn...well i used windows update instead of the download...so since i didn't ok the new EULA, does that mean they can't do crap to my comp?

3. Nipsy thread starter macrumors 65816

Nipsy

No, they can do whatever they want, but since you did not get EULA, you can join any Class Action Suit you want to.

4. Choppaface macrumors 65816

you mean the gov doesnt already have their eyes on this? >>>_<<<

screw the pledge, this should be what the legal system spends its time on

5. Nipsy thread starter macrumors 65816

Nipsy

I'm sorry, I didn't mean that class action lawsuit.

I mean the one which will happen when a bad, unwanted OS upgrade installed without permission renders millions of CD ROM drives useless, or perhaps diasbles non DMCA compliant MP33 on a users drive, or when the public furor over M$ collusion with the marketing industry leads to litigation.

My take on the Reg article is that any machine with a broadband connection, is now open fodder to M$ interpretation of what you, the end user, want.

I want Windows 2000 (from 2000), but with security updates only, and with the assurance that my OS will not become M$' marketing pawn.

I don't even know if I can fully protect myself, even through my Solaris firewall box. I love that Apple continues its stance of making harware and software, and not being an 'aggregate data collection' company.

When I bought my G4, I got a G4. When I bought my Dell craptop, I got the craptop, and a junk catalog from Dell, every month, as well as special software upgrade promos.

This new feature in windows Update, coupled with M$ obvious power as a marketing data silo scares me more when I go to the mailbox (the physical one), than the virii and bad software.

Sadly, I have to keep the winbox around for testing purposes.

6. Grokgod macrumors 6502a

Grokgod

Hehehe this was sadly predicted by ME!

I have to use a Pcheese box for issues in my work and...

my box isnt connected to the internet!

I surf via MAC.. My wintel is in oblivion under my desk hiding from the world.

No updates for it, no checking in with the main head of hydra.
    No downloading the latest crap to make it run worse and NO uploading information about me.

So as much as I hate all of this M$ hateful evil, I am safe and find it funny and useful, to prove to others that Pcheese is cheesy and ugly.

GO APPLE!

We will win as the beast goes down....