What I want for Christmas

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by PCMA, May 27, 2006.

1. PCMA macrumors newbie

I want an ultra-portable MacBook with an ExpressCard slot (and a matte screen).

By “ultra portable” I mean something comparable to Samsung’s Q series or Sony’s VAIO TX series.

I have been patiently waiting for the Intel replacement for my 12” PowerBook. I was hoping for two things: (i) a smaller enclosure and (ii) a PCMCIA slot for a 3G modem (well at least an ExpressCard slot).

The recently released MacBook is hot and heavy. It’s also much larger (albeit thinner) than my 12” PowerBook.

The MacBook screen is also a shocker. I never knew that “glossy” was a euphemism for “crap”. And there’s still no ExpressCard slot – something that’s essential for a truly mobile solution.

I need to use my laptop in interviews and meetings – but I don’t want the computer to be too intrusive. I need more functionality, ease of use and power than any PDA can offer. I need to access my email, word processor and the web – and iChat.

I DON’T need to design websites, author podcasts or watch feature length movies. I don’t need a “desktop replacement” – I have a desktop for that.

I am sure that I’m not alone.

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

You're probably not alone, but you probably are SOL....