what I want from apple

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by cesar, Mar 10, 2004.

1. cesar macrumors member

Jul 24, 2002
    Apple should sell a productive and collaborative bungle, with iChatAV 2.0, keynote , the wordprocessor and the spreadsheet as the iApps in iLIfe for about 200 USD.

iChatAV is a great videoconf app, but I think is missing a couple of things:Multi-user videoconference & Desktop and Application Sharing between several users, T.120 compatible. I would like "iChatAV 2.0" to be a ligth version of Apple Remote Desktop, but with all of the admins tools, just a virtual collaborative app.

Also, I would like to have a wordprocessor, with a basic and advanced (LaTeX) modes and a spreadsheet (XML). this two apps will collaborate with Keynote, as the iApps do... %-)
  2. mklos macrumors 68000

Dec 4, 2002
    My house!
    Apple has been rumored for sometime to release a full blown Mac OS X Office Suite. They may have taken the open source office apps in Unix/Linux and used those as their building block like they did with Safari using KHTML. I believe the rumor was that Apple was waiting for Microshaft to release the next version of Office for OS X, Office 2004 for Mac. It could be called one of many things....AppleWorks 7, iWorks 1.0, or even iWrite 1.0. I'm pretty sure it will include Keynote, or probably Keynote 2.0.

As far as a video multi-video conferencing, I also believe that Apple is in fact working on a version of iChat A/V that will support multiple video conferences at one time and yes it would be neat to see this kinda integrated into Apple's Remote Desktop. Remote Desktop is a great application for network administrators.
  3. Grimace macrumors 68040

Feb 17, 2003
    with Hamburglar.
    keep in mind that iChat is miles above anything that windows can provide. You may want more, but we're sitting on the cutting edge of that technology.
  4. warcraftmaster macrumors regular

Dec 5, 2003
    ya you can do that with ichat i saw it in vanille sky :p
    i see a lot of macs in movies :cool:
  5. aswitcher macrumors 603

Oct 8, 2003
    Canberra OZ
    Yep, multi-user would be huge. They can do it with their server software so I hope they put it into iCHatAV

I also want inbuilt recording of both parties to keep records of conversations for presentations, small business minute taking etc I think it should have an unhackable record light so users know when its recording.