What if I have to.......?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Apple Corps, Sep 11, 2006.

  1. Apple Corps macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2003
    Location:
    California
    #1
    Time is running out for me on a MBP decision. Today I cruised over to COMPUSA and looked at the 15" and 17" MBP on display. On balance, I was impressed with the fit / finish that I saw - much the same as my older PB - no complaints.

    They were warm to a bit hot on screen saver - that remains an issue for me.

    So - at some point, like others, I am going to have to jump in and purchase a notebook with gpu capabilities beyond the Macbook or mini. I have not heard much lately concerning the whine / buzz / mis-aligned cases / etc. for the latest production runs (week 36 or so?). Do any of you have experience with post week 33 machines?

    There is a possibility that I could delay the decision until Mac Expo - another two weeks :eek:

    Tic Toc Tic Toc........
     
  2. Unorthodox macrumors 65816

    Unorthodox

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2006
    Location:
    Not at the beach...
  3. Apple Corps thread starter macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2003
    Location:
    California
    #3
    That is a given :) I am going to some how manage to wait it out until 9/26 - and that is really pushing it.

    Next week is another possibility but we have guessed WRONG so many times........
     
  4. pianoman macrumors 68000

    pianoman

    Joined:
    May 31, 2006
    #4
    i got mine 5 weeks ago (i don't know when that falls into the production schedule) and it runs without heat or whine or moo or anything bad. i love it.
     
  5. Apple Corps thread starter macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2003
    Location:
    California
    #5
    pianoman - thanks. Would you go to the Apple logo > About this Mac > More Info and give us the first part of your serial number W86__ those next two digits tell you the week of production in this year. BTW - 15" or 17"?

    Thanks again.
     

Share This Page