What if Intel bought both Apple and AMD?

Discussion in 'Community' started by mcarnes, Jun 10, 2005.

1. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

Would that put the pressure on MS? Your thoughts...

2. saabmp3 macrumors 6502a

What if some company bought all the other companies in the world. WORLD DOMINATION!!!!!

Seriously, Intel's not going to buy AMD. Apple, maybe, but it's a long shot.

Oh yeah, no, MS still is the primary reason for buying desktop and will be for a while.

-BEN

3. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I would be afraid that Apple would loose it identity. Unless Intel would allow Apple to function independently, but under the umbrella of Intel.

4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Re: What if Intel bought both Apple and AMD?

Not a single bit of pressure would fall on Microsoft.

Sure would put some pressure on the Intel from the federal antitrust front. And even if it passes here in the US, you can be sure Europe would step on Intel's balls over a merger like this. :eek:

Plus it would keep Eliot Spitzer too busy to run for Governor, which may be a good thing. Of course he would probably be joined by several other states.

Which would keep them too busy to worry about MicroSoft. :p

5. G5orbust macrumors 65816

G5orbust

I dont think it could happen, as the buy would not be approved by the SEC, due to the fact that it would make Intel essentially a monopoly in consumer chip making. Impact on Microsoft? Nothing negative, theyd just chug along, same as always.

6. RacerX macrumors 65832

I concur.