"What if..." [Mac mini flash commercial]

Discussion in 'Mac Scene' started by Kassandra, Feb 15, 2005.

1. Kassandra macrumors newbie

Thought this might be a good place to post this, wish I had when I finished it.

I did this just for fun/practice with SwishMax, about 4 days of off and on work, a couple whole nights. Copyright info at the end of movie.

Title:"What if..."

Author: Kassandra

Date of completion: 1/28/05

Version: 1.0

See it:
    http://newgrounds.com/portal/view/223605

Enjoy!

2. relimw macrumors 6502a

I liked it.
    I bought one.
    I bought it before your commercial. :)

Ah well, 2 out of 3 isn't too bad. But I did like the commercial.

3. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Not bad, but you may want to have fewer words in the beginning. Some were redundant, but more importantly people hate to read in commercials. Maybe show some of the things you can do more than just saying it. The overall idea is great though, and the music is fitting with Apple's style.

Pretty good though, I like. :D

4. Platform macrumors 68030

Platform

That was cool ;)
    Nice work (would like to be able to create something like that myself one day :rolleyes: )

5. markoibook macrumors regular

6. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

7. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

That's awesome. It show's Apple's fun side as opposed to its chic side which is appropriate for the mini. Apple seems to have worked really hard on the exclusiveness of their image which is half the reason most people see them as too expensive (without actually even checking the price). That commercial is great. :D

8. iGary Guest

iGary

Too bad Apple doesn't do anything like this and we end up having to ourselves. :rolleyes:

Nice work! :D

9. Kassandra thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies!!! I'd get it into mpeg if I had a means of doing so, sorry about that. Anyways, I did another full length video a few months ago showing off some of Apple's products in the past few years. I have to warn it's in AVI format encoded with the 3ivx codec, Quicktime will play it however if the codec is installed. Get the codec/quicktime component here.

Please note it may have some encoding issues and artifacts, for some reason I only see these sometimes when I play the file, installing another codec which handles 3ivx fixed the problem, but I don't think that codec has an OSX version. It seems more of a decoding problem with the codec. I'd use mov or mpeg if I could, but I couldn't get the quicktime exporter working when I made this, believe me, i hate avi lol.

Anyways, here's the link and info:

Title: The Apple Video

Author: Kassandra

Date of completion: 09/04/04

Version: Final

Note: All required codecs for Windows and MacOSX are included, though may not be the latest, view ReadMe.txt for more info.

Download link:
    TheAppleVideo.zip - 67.4MB

Original Release Thread: here

[edit]
    I'll check those out:) As for how I made it, I used SwishMax, powerful and easy to use Flash authoring software. I had originally intended it to be the entire length of the song I used, but I didn't want it to be drawn out too long, so I left it at the Mac mini. I had planned to do a section on OSX and iLife 05' aswell, but it didn't work out.

10. dsharits macrumors 68000

dsharits

11. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Quite nice!

I agree that maybe a bit less text, a bit more (slower) mini video might be nice (it's sexy, it can be seen in a slower rotate and still look good), But the music is dead-on, and I love the clip. Well done!

12. Kassandra thread starter macrumors newbie

13. FightTheFuture macrumors 6502a

FightTheFuture

kassandra and liketom - i really enjoy your work. please keep it up, and maybe we can startup our own FCP/FCE/iMovie thread akin to the photoshop thread in macrumors pictures. fan spots and montage-music videos! sweet!

and by the by - you can view kassandras video with mplayer instead of going through all the codec craziness.

14. SteveC macrumors 6502

Hey that's pretty awesome. :D

Can you make one for the iMac? ;)

You can open with: "Where did the computer go?" :p

15. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

thank you :) and you know i'm working on my next one right now :rolleyes: but i might have to have a look at swish as it has some bits that i want that iMovie HD does not have

16. Kassandra thread starter macrumors newbie

17. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

i have Virtual PC with win Xp lol downside is the demo version is very limited by the look of it ! gonna have to buy it if it's any good !

18. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

-Kassandra

just finished watching your TheAppleVideo and WOW nice moves on that at first i thought it was my vid lol but getting into the video was like telling a story ! very cool ,very well thought out well done!

whats your next project?

i have 2 songs that i will use in my next one , still have not decided which one though-
    The Prodigy - You'll be under my wheels (sampled 30 sec on ipodtomac)
    or
    Lenny kravitz - American Women

:cool:

19. paulypants macrumors 6502a

paulypants

Nice Job! Love the animations! All you needed was Apple Myriad :p

20. Kassandra thread starter macrumors newbie

it's really worth it for the time you save if you do alot of text and image based animations, though it's not very good with vectors and coding, but it's scripting langauge is simple and powerful enough for a large variety of uses. Hit http://swish-db.com/ for a great help community

My next project I dunno, a while back I started work on TAV2 (TheAppleVideo2) but I killed it because of lack of content to use, it was more of a remix then a sequal, but perhapse I'll get back to it. It mainly died off because of the song I chose for it though, it was much too fast for what was going on, though I loved how I opened it up, check out the work in progress here though I doubt I'll get back to it anytime soon. I might do a movie trailor for my next little project, or a music video as I had planned, but I don't think that's going to work out, as blender is rather limited as far as charicter animation and lip syncing goes, and i'm still a major noob with 3d apps lol.

21. iKwick7 macrumors 65816

iKwick7

Kassandra, I must say that was an awesome job you did there. I love it! Keep up the good work!