What is a good Apple Ebay Software? Garage Sale?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MattyMac, Dec 6, 2006.

1. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

I want to download a nice program to sell some things on ebay. I've seen some amazing looking listings using garage sale I think. Does anyone know of any free software I can use to make these listings? Preferably from apple's site. Is garage sale the only thing? What is out there that is good easy and FREE!?!?!

Let me know. Thanks.

2. R.Youden macrumors 68020

R.Youden

I use Garage Sale and although you have to pay (about £15) I think if you sell a lot on eBay within a few months you get that money back. I like it a lot, it is easy to keep track of your actions and creating templates if you sell a lot of the same thing. The only addition would maybe be a buying side as well as a selling side.

I think you can also get some software called iSale but I have never tried it.

3. Slakerr macrumors newbie

I have tried both iSale and Garagesale and I stuck with Garagesale. It really is worth the £15 or so and it has just been updated to version 3, give the demo a go you get 3 free auction listings to see if you like it.

Slakerr :cool:

4. MattyMac thread starter macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Anyone else...anything free?

Where do I get the demo for garage sale?

Thanks!

5. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

GarageSale is sick. I love it. I'm convinced that my templates & look of my auction is one of the main reasons I usually get the highest bids for similar items that everyone else is selling (and I don't even have 1,000,000 feedback!). You can get the demo here

Wow, I really sound like a salesman for the company, but I really do enjoy the program!

6. MattyMac thread starter macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Cool thanks for the info!

Now I just don't know if I am comfortable giving my ebay account info to that software company:cool:

7. joeander macrumors newbie

Garage sale

I tried isale and ended up throwing it in the trash.
    I just got Garage Sale and it is great.

8. MacAssemble macrumors newbie

GarageSale is best by far!

I have been using GarageSale for years, I am an eBay PowerSeller (about 1,000 feedback.) I recently got iSale from Macheist.com and it was pretty bad. I remember trying out both programs years ago and decided upon GarageSale then, and chose it again last week! :D

9. Pyrotechnic macrumors 6502

Pyrotechnic

Is Garage Sale that much better than iSale. I have iSale which was part of the Macheist Collection recently. It has worked OK for me, but if Garage Sale is that much better I am more than happy to purchase it.

I only ask as its 3 years since the original topic starter asked the question and products do change.

10. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

I'm happy with iSale from the MacHeist deal. I have plans to do some heavy ebay selling over the summer and from the tinkering I see in iSale, I like it. But I too would like to see the real differences between the two programs.

11. Pyrotechnic macrumors 6502

Pyrotechnic

Hopefully we will get some good and bad responses from people who have experienced both. So far from what I have searched, Garage Sale seems to be the most popular, but the threads are a few years old ?

We shall see.

12. Pyrotechnic macrumors 6502

Pyrotechnic

Not much response on this one. Is this due to the lack of ebay users or are there alternatives to iSale and Garage Sale. I am interested to see which is best prior to purchase.

13. Pyrotechnic macrumors 6502

Pyrotechnic

Is GarageSale the one to go with then. I need to purchase one of these products within the next 24 hours so keen to get the right one.

There does not seem to be too many topics on this throughout the forum which does worry me a little. ?

14. Willis macrumors 68020

Willis

I use GarageSale... it's perfect and worth the price. Never had an issue with it either.

15. Pyrotechnic macrumors 6502

Pyrotechnic

Thanks for the swift reply. I shall even try and stop the madness. ;)

16. JMax1 macrumors 6502

JMax1

That's kind of funny.

BUUUTTT, I've used iSale, from the Macheist bundle. Sold one thing on it. It's def better than just the ebay site for listing things. Nice templates and easy to change. It took me a little while to get it working though. For a while it wouldn't update and list things I've already sold through eBay and not iSale (still can't get that to list right), and then it wouldn't load my auction item onto eBay (something about uploading pictures to my mobleMe account). Then one day I though I would try to hit the button for it to load again and magically it worked.... not sure why though.

17. Pyrotechnic macrumors 6502

Pyrotechnic

Just bought GarageSale. I must say, first impressions are good. I have uploaded an auction within 15 mins of purchasing it, so its not difficult to use at all.

Hopefully this will speed things up a little.

As a side note, hopefully some other members will get an insight should they be looking for the same topic I was ;)

18. whynot83706 macrumors 6502

whynot83706

I have used iSale and GarageSale (still using both) and I must say that both programs are going to do the job.

I would say that Garage Sale has better templates because they are more generic and you can use them for everything; where iSale templates are more set for categories (computers, beauty, home fashion) and the generic ones that they have are not as good as Garage Sale.

Interface and eBay preview is slightly better with iSale then Garage Sale.

Garage Sale has shipping integration with Endicia which is a plus.

Before Garage Sale had much better support but iSale improved a lot.

Overall, they are very similar and easy to use.

19. vexxevvex macrumors newbie

vexxevvex

I just downloaded this program, and put an auction up. The templates are nice, but when I uploaded the auction the page is a bit funky looking. Everything was really easy to do, but any ideas on what I did wrong to make the auction end up with a horizontal scroll bar. I've always believed that a website doesn't really look all that great if it doesn't fit inside the browser window. Here is the auction:

Ebay auction created with GarageSale

Any ideas on how make it look "right?" So far that is the only down side I see with this app. I'll be pretty happy with it, and purchase the full version if this is something that can be fixed.

I love how it can upload everything to my FTP site, instead of me having to upload everything with an FTP client and linking pictures, and all.

UPDATE:
    I think I fixed the issue I was having by selecting images right with fixed text. It still looks a little strange that the text doesn't resume taking up the entire page after the images on the right stop, but I can deal with that.

20. juicyxoprincess macrumors newbie

glad i found this thread, i had no idea there was even a program for this, and as im new to selling on eBay this may help, downloading Garage Sale :)

21. Angelo95210 macrumors 6502a

Angelo95210

I use Garage Sales and I chose it for better templates reason as well...

22. jsnoah macrumors member

jsnoah

iSale User

I have been using iSale for years... However in the passed few days it has been locking up on my quite a bit... I can do a couple things whether it be listing, or editing and then I have to force quit and re-launch. Getting a bit agrevating but I gave do have a 2.33 C2D with only 2GB of ram. I am not sure that is the problem since it has always run a bit slow. Or at least nt as fast as other apps on my MPB. Long story short, I have been very happy with iSale and hope my struggles of late end... Hope that helps...:)

23. filmweaver macrumors regular

Another vote for GarageSale!
    They include a free photo hosting service for all your photos, you can have up to 10 per auction.

VERY VERY GOOD Communication with the company.