What is a good Laptop bag/case?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Frozone, May 18, 2006.

1. Frozone macrumors 6502

My white MacBook 2.0GHz was ordered last night, and I'm wondering what would be a good case to get. Since I'll be attending University in the fall in downtown Atlanta, Georgia I want something that's not going to be easy to just snatch and run off with. I'm not sure which type is better for this. A regular backpack style, or maybe some type of messenger bag.

Of course, strength in the case is going to be something. I don't want a bag/case that provides no protection at all incase of a drop. And, if possible, I'd like something that looks nice and is "stylish" to match my new sexy MacBook.

Price isn't THAT big of a concern unless it gets into the $100+ range. So, any suggestions? I've checked out Apple's Mobile Gear section, but figured I'd get some input from you guys.

2. iGary Guest

iGary

Since it is a MacBook and you don't necessarily have to worry about denting, check out inCase - they make REALLY nice stuff.

3. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

I really enjoy my timbuk2. I'm not sure how the size of the MacBook would be in it, though.

I can fit my PowerBook and about 40 pounds of accessories into it.

4. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

I've always like my Crumpler. Functional and they look pretty cool too.

5. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

There are several threads (and a sticky?) on this subject in the buyers guide section IIRC.

6. pinto32 macrumors 6502

yes, this is a very common thread topic...I saw two others in the past week, and I am sure that I missed a few. Just do a quick search and you will find all the opinions you could ever want (including my loyalty to Marware). As far as specific bags, I think you'll probably have to wait a few weeks, as this is a new form factor.