What is a good PDA for $200?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by litosclone, Jan 27, 2005.

1. litosclone macrumors member

I 'm thinking of getting a PDA, my budget is $200. I really don't know much about PDA, so I must ask the wise threaders of MacRumors to help me decide which one to buy. I just need to have a calendar, address book, hold pictures, and play MP3's. I know there are programs like The Missing Sync for syncing, but I really don't have a clue, which OS is better or which hardware is better. Please Help :(

2. G-Prime macrumors member

The PalmOne Tungsteen E or Zire 31 does all of that. The Tungsteen is $199 and the Zire is $149. If I were you I would go with the Zire and get a decent SD card for MP3's.

3. litosclone thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the help.

4. joshua_msu macrumors regular

joshua_msu

Id get the Tungsten T3. You can get it used for around that price. Ive seen refurb models for 219. I dont really care for any of the lower end Palm PDA's.

If you prefer a Pocket PC, there are also some nice models in that range. You can get the base Axim X30 for that price.

5. jalagl macrumors 6502a

jalagl

I'd suggest the Tungsten E as well. The screen is really nice, has a nice size, and overall works pretty well.

There's a deal at www.dealmac.com for SD memory, about $40 for 512MB:http://dealram.com/prices/30/512MB.html.
    You'll need that to play mp3s.

Too bad sony no longer makes Clies, since they were the best.