What is a good source for RAM?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by rayneg, Mar 25, 2003.

1. macrumors newbie

I want to add some RAM to my 17" iMac. Does RAM-Jet have quality RAM? I don't want to spend more than I need to, but I don't want junk either.

Thanks!

2. Guest

caveman_uk

I've always bought my RAM from Crucial. Good stuff and pretty much the cheapest in the UK for decent quality.

3. macrumors 6502a

otherworldcomputing.com has some great ram, I havn't had any problems with ram from them. I've bought quite a few sticks from them for various machines.

Other than that Crucial is my other supplyer. I havn't had anything but good luck from them either.

4. macrumors 6502a

timbloom

Crucial has a lifetime warranty at a good cost, i think that is enough to convince anyone :D

5. macrumors 604

MrMacMan

DealRam

Find cheap ram, then find good place. Just look at the good places, supported places, that stand behind what they sell.

6. macrumors 6502

Pismo

I've been getting my RAM from Coast Memory for years. The RAM is good quality and has never let me down. But, if you want the best RAM, get it from Crucial

7. macrumors 6502a

i went with crucial for my 512 DDR stick, no problems.

Tyler

8. macrumors 65816

billyboy

Crucial for quality, quality control, service, guarantees. The big bonus being you get all that at a good price too.

9. Guest

RAM Seeker lists deals for all types of macs. Check out the site RAM Seeker for some more information. I bought a gig of RAM for my PowerBook from a site listed on RAM Seeker. I've had no problems.

--Jason