What is a reasonable price?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Wildcat, Sep 12, 2002.

1. Wildcat macrumors regular

Apr 23, 2002
    Eugene, OR
    Ok I am thinking about purchasing a used powerbook. I wanted to know what everyone thinks a reasonable price for a 667 (VGA) standard configuration or a 550 standard configuration.
  2. King Cobra macrumors 603

Mar 2, 2002
    What type of optical drive is inside? How much memory comes with it? How big of a Hard Drive is used? For how long was it used? Are there any nicks/scratches/etc. on it?

For the 550, I'm assuming the following specs:
    CD-RW, 256MB RAM, 20GB, 1 year usage, minimal damage

Price: about $1700

For the 667, I'm assuming the following specs:
    CD-RW, 256MB RAM, 30GB, 1 year usage, minimal damage

Price: about $2000
  3. jefhatfield Retired

Jul 9, 2000
    those are fair prices and ones i have seen from vendors of new tibooks leftover from that generation...but for a used machine, or a refurbished machine, spend somewhat less

good deals are out there...a friend of mine, some time back, saw a lot of pismos for sale new for about two grand, but she found a refurbished pismo with its full one year warranty, a new floor model, with the box, for 1599 at fry's electronics and she has been happy with it for a couple of years...even knowing that something like the tibook existed at 2499...but she opted to keep the extra nine hundred dollars in her pocket and not needing g4 power for her simple uses for the machine, i say she lucked out
  4. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

Jan 2, 2001
    Metairie, LA
    I got lucky with my Rev. B 667...

it was a leftover at CompUSA in Birmingahm, AL...loaded...minus the combo drive...full warranty...

$1599 :D

thanks B2TM! ;)