What is an Apple Solutions Consultant

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc. Rumors' started by Ckelly, Mar 24, 2002.

1. Ckelly macrumors newbie

Oct 2, 2001
    Has anyone heard of an Apple Solutions Consultant? I met someone in a CompUSA uesterday that called himself that. Does this person really work for Apple or CompUSA. The apple store within a store looked awesome. They even had the new iMac in stock!!!!! What is apple doing with these CompUSA's? With a store with in a store like this I really don't see a need for an apple store in my home town. The CompUSA had everything.
  2. arn macrumors god

Staff Member

Apr 9, 2001
  3. Ckelly thread starter macrumors newbie

Oct 2, 2001
    Now that apple has their own employees in CompUSA's would you find your self likely to buy your next Mac there? What is the difference?
  4. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

Jan 2, 2001
    Metairie, LA
    most likely not....I prefer to buy from someone who specializes in Apple....not just has them in the back corner of the store with an employee designated for that area...
  5. Ckelly thread starter macrumors newbie

Oct 2, 2001
    If that person is an Apple Employee then they must run the shop. So it is the same thing to me. When I went in they had the new iMacs on display and in stock. Dual gig and cinema display on hand and in stock. Almost the same amount of software. If I am buying from an Apple employee I don't really see the difference. That apple employee specializes in apple it is just that CompUSA carries pee-cee's for the unintelligent as well.
  6. me hate windows macrumors 6502

me hate windows

Jan 18, 2002
    That actually kind of happened at my local Authorized Reseller: Mad Mac.
    They moved their store one block and now it looks almost identical to an Apple Store, it doesn't have the genius bar or some of that fancy smancy stuff, but it has real Apple employees including the original Mad Mac ones, and it is still Mad Mac. But it seems like a real Apple Store.:D
  7. MacAztec macrumors 68040

Oct 28, 2001
    San Luis Obispo, CA

At MWSF this year, they had an Apple Consulting Store. It was apple reps. that helped you with a business for your needs. For whatever business size and creation, they had an answer.