What is apple's best deal on a computer now and what will the best deal be after mwsf

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by jefhatfield, Dec 23, 2003.

1. jefhatfield Retired

Jul 9, 2000
    right now, i think the G4 ibook at $1099 usd looks to be one of the best deals for one's money

i hope the price goes down every further after mwsf or at least the model gets a speed bump or increased ram for the same price points

one great new feature in the ibook which could be introduced would be the addition of superdrive for an additional cost and what is the problem with a consumer laptop with the ability to burn dvd's? the pc world has some reasonably priced superdrive laptops but none really geared for the consumer on an entry level offering...the best the pc world has for their entry level laptops is the combo drive

apple inc could be the first in the industry to offer up superdrive as an option for an entry level laptop...remember many years ago when the mac was the first machine for the masses with a 3.5" inch floppy? we were first then and can continue to be first now

now it wouldn't be smart to cannibalize the sales of the powerbook so i think it would be great for apple to boost the entry level powerbook to 1.33 ghz and 512 mb of ram in their 12" inch model...and have the rest of the models scale up to close to 2 ghz and offer a dual processor G4 17" inch powerbook

i would like to see G5 in the powerbook but somehow i think that is not going to happen in two weeks...but if it does, then i think apple is on their way to finally catching up with the pc world in terms of speed
  2. Daveman Deluxe macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

Jun 17, 2003
    Corvallis, Oregon
    I'd have to say that the eMac without SuperDrive, the low-end iBook, and the 1.8 GHz dualie G5 are the best deals right now.