what is 'fig jam'?

Discussion in 'Community' started by cb911, Nov 3, 2003.

1. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

okay, there's this old lady that lives next door to me, and she's got this sticker on the back of her car that just says "FIGJAM" or it might have a space, like "FIG JAM" i'm not sure.

but what does 'fig jam' mean?:confused:

2. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

she could make jam out of figs. old women like making jam. they probably like figs too. i don't know about that one. i don't even know what a fig is. i know what a fig newton is, and they're all soft, so i'd imagine you could put it in jam. i also know what fig trees are. i kill them a lot :(

but ah, a bumpersticker? it's probably old-people-sex-code, meaning "mature and easy" or something.

;)
    pnw

3. kevin49093 macrumors regular

here you go...

2 quarts chopped fresh figs (about 5 pounds)
    3/4 cup water
    6 cups sugar
    1/4 cup lemon juice

To prepare chopped figs, pour boiling water over figs, let stand 10 minutes. Drain, stem and chop figs. Measure and add 3/4 cup water and sugar to figs. Slowly bring to boiling, stirring occasionally until sugar dissolves. Cook rapidly until thick. Stir frequently to prevent sticking. Add lemon juice and cook 1 minute longer. Pour, boiling hot, into hot Ball jars. Adjust caps. Process 10 to 15 minutes. Yield about 5 pints.

4. cb911 thread starter macrumors 601

cb911

lol. :D that makes the most sense. :D

and you kill fig trees? you've got me worried now...

kevin49093, thanks for the recipie, but i'm not much of a cook.

but seriously, doesn't figjam mean something? why the hell would an old lady have that on her car??!!!:confused:

5. Dros macrumors 6502

google helps with this:

Figjam : "F*** I'm good; just ask me". Nickname for people who have a high opinion of themselves.

6. cb911 thread starter macrumors 601

cb911

thanks Dros, i thought it was something like that, but i just never found out until now. :eek: :D

i never thought of Googling it. i did find a person who claims to be Figjam. a 12 year old boy from New Zealand...:eek:

oh well. the figjam mystery is solved. case closed. :)