Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

akidd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 30, 2007
Tunbridge Wells, UK
Just looked at MR and it's all over the place with seemingly random ads on iOS. Ads I don't mind (we all need to make a living obviously) but it makes it almost unreadable once you get past the first few paras, and as for later storys forget it.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Have received one other report of a full-screen ad from Sky on mobile, also from the UK, so possibly a country-specific problem. Definitely shouldn't be happening. Working on tracking it down, but any screenshots or links you can share would be helpful.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

toastboy

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2007
Scotland, Glasgow
Have received one other report of a full-screen ad from Sky on mobile, also from the UK, so possibly a country-specific problem. Definitely shouldn't be happening. Working on tracking it down, but any screenshots or links you can share would be helpful.

Same for me, U.K. Also

akidd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 30, 2007
Tunbridge Wells, UK

Tried it again but seems to have been fixed. Was Sky ad (my Broadband provider) but never had it before. Doesn't show up now. Big spaces on the left when scrolled down past the full add and perhaps it was just ads in the wrong place and of wrong format? Prob easily done if not had the right setting for putting ads or content in.
Thanks for quick response.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.