What is going on with my Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by TBF24, Sep 20, 2006.

1. TBF24 macrumors newbie

I've got an iBook G4, running version 10.4.7. Never had any problems with it. Yesterday I left for class and forgot to plug my charger in. By the time I got back the battery was dead and it was in its safety mode. No big deal there, but then today I shut the lid before heading off to class and came back to it shutdown instead of asleep. This happened twice. Is this something I should get checked out, or is there anything I can do to fix it?

2. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

Well, why don't you try it out a third time. Maybe it was a fluke?

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

We might need more information. If your Mac runs low on power then it'll fall asleep (as you noticed) and once it runs out of enough juice to power the RAM, it'll shut down. Are you saying this is what happened? Are you saying you think your battery capacity might be a bit low? :)

4. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Do you squeeze the ibook(Like when you are putting it up) when in sleep mode...not knowing you did..it can wake up when the lid is squeezed

Bless

5. TBF24 thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't think the battery capacity is low. The display said the battery wasn't even below 50%, so unless that is way off the battery should have had plenty of juice today. I only mentioned the battery dying part because it never happened before that and I thought maybe that could have had something to do with it.

It hasn't been shutting down while I'm using it (knock on wood) so its not a really big deal. I just don't want to have it become something bigger.

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew