what is ink?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by biohazard6969, May 4, 2005.

1. biohazard6969 macrumors 6502a

biohazard6969

i was fooling around with tiger, and came accross a system prefernce called "ink". i clicked on it, and it opened system preferences but there was nothing called ink. i searched within system preferences but got nothing. i heard about this as one of the new features of tiger but i can't remember what it does................anyne know???

2. Noiseboy macrumors regular

Ink is Apples handwriting recognition app and works in conjunction with a graphic tablet. I've used it for years, it takes a bit of getting used to but is great for what I use it for which is filing in data boxes when I'm on the phone.
    Wacom make a very cheap tablet and most photoshop pro's use tablets of varying sizes.

3. snickelfritz macrumors 65816

snickelfritz

Ink is only available(ie: visible as system preference panel) if you have a tablet connected.

4. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

I have a really old wacom that I connect to my mac via the iMate (aww yeah, it's an ADB tablet)
    You think it'll work?
    Is my wacom tablet too old? (hehe, I got it for FREE at a swap meet, along with a powermac 8100/av)

5. ocellnuri macrumors regular

I just got the Wacom Graphire Bluetooth tablet, and I can't figure out how to get Ink activated. It's doing the same thing to me, where I can find the Ink prefs through Spotlight, but it just opens to the main preferences pane. Anyone have any experience with this?

6. ocellnuri macrumors regular

7. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

8. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

Did you install the Tablet Driver?? I believe all Wacom's Tablets need to be installed even though Inkwell is built in. A Pref Pane should appear in System Preferences called "Tablet" once everything is installed.

After my erase & install of Tiger, I had to reinstall the Tablet driver (although the mouse did work, you just couldn't tweak the settings).