Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple Corps

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 26, 2003
California
macosrumors continues to promise the "scoop" but fails to deliver anything. This weekend their banner proclaims: "stay tuned all weekend long.........." - but here it is Sunday afternoon PDT and nada / zip / no new anything that I have found - how do they stay online? :mad:

Many times their postings have a lot of words but don't tell you anything new :(

I guess I will curtail my visits there because it is a waste of time. Why do they keep promising so much and delivering so little? They kneeed to either get in the game or bailout based on my experience. Have any of you made observations along these lines?

vouder17

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2003
Home
Apple Corps said:
macosrumors continues to promise the "scoop" but fails to deliver anything. This weekend their banner proclaims: "stay tuned all weekend long.........." - but here it is Sunday afternoon PDT and nada / zip / no new anything that I have found - how do they stay online? :mad:

Many times their postings have a lot of words but don't tell you anything new :(

I guess I will curtail my visits there because it is a waste of time. Why do they keep promising so much and delivering so little? They kneeed to either get in the game or bailout based on my experience. Have any of you made observations along these lines?

hehe...i like reading there rumours...usually they arent true. they usually update on Monday though, even though they say that they will keep us posted over the weekend. I have no idea where they get there info from...sometimes it is really crazy.

stoid

macrumors 601
Years ago, MacOSRumors was THE PLACE for all Apple related rumors and such. Much like Think Secret has been with the exception of the Tiger announcement not happening. As of the past few years though they've gone down hill. They were even completely offline for awhile. I don't know the inside story, but I'm guessing that they fell under new management that isn't handling it as well.

It's still a fun site to visit and read, but I would read it like a tabloid instead of like a fully credible information source.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
MacOSRumors became crap a few years ago.

they are just riding their traffic/link popularity now...

they've purposefully made up stuff in the past, and will frequently do the "stay tuned..." updates to keep people coming back.

arn

AppleMatt

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2003
UK
Lots of things wind me up about that site...

- The 'articles' are god knows how many pages long, and you keep having to click through them. More and more adverts. Adverts everywhere.

Adverts.

- Really, really vague. Comments like "it may or may not appear"..."could well be within the next few weeks but equally could be up-to two years off"
- "We're hearing about very exciting things coming out of Apple" WELL FSCKING TELL US THEN.

I don't think they realise they can actually damage Apple with the crap they post. Case in point...their comment about the silver bullets Apple are about to release for game porting, people will then become angry at Apple for not delivering what they "promised", even though it all came from a fabricated article.

Roooooooobish site.

AppleMatt (did I mention the adverts?)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.