What is iTunes doing??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by C-Mezak, Sep 17, 2004.

1. C-Mezak macrumors regular

C-Mezak

Hey all,

Somehow, in the past few hours, something has shown up in my itunes source list. It has a blue icon (shared music?) and the name is in japanese characters. I right-click it and the options are "open" and "disconnect". When it is selected, there is a loading bar in the iTunes info window. When I try to "disconnect", the item remains in the list and the loading bar remains in the info window.

Whats going on? Ive tried quitting itunes. Ive tried logging out and back in. I cant seem to delete this . . . this . . . whatever it is! Help!!

Thanks
    charlie

2. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

Are you on a network or use a wrireless connection? If you are you are simply seeing another person'a iTunes account. You can even listen to their music, although you cannot copy their music.

3. C-Mezak thread starter macrumors regular

C-Mezak

Well I have set my preferences NOT to search for shared music. I am connected to my university network, but it's a highly locked-down firewalled network and I'm not sure that itunes library sharing is possible.

Still cant get rid of this thing!!

4. FuzzyBallz macrumors 6502a

FuzzyBallz

Turn off sharing and look for sharing and restart system and see if it shows up.