what is leakier?

Discussion in 'Community' started by jefhatfield, Oct 3, 2002.

1. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

steve jobs or the plumbing in a slumlord's apartment complex?;)

2. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

as a rightleaning independent bush supporter i'd have to say.

the bush administration. leaks all the time. bad ones. someone needs to get canned.

3. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

i am left leaning and i have an answer...can bush...he he

ronald reagan had this belief that if an organization has problems like that, the top leader should take all the blame...accountability

i hate to say it, but bill clinton lacked that and it certainly was a weak point in his administration though i thought overall he was a good president

i don't think someone as histrionic and media loving/hogging as steve jobs can leak as much as most presidential administrations these days:p

4. job macrumors 68040

job

Something that has been lacking in both the economy and the politics of today..

And yes, I support Bush too..

5. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

clinton lacked anything that was even remotely related to integrity.

overall, i will admin he was a pretty good president. he knew to ride the wave of a good economy brought along by a republican congress, and a republican majority (first time in decades) knew that it would be helpful to work WITH the president. that is something democratic majorities have yet to learn.

later as the nasty side of it is surfacing, clinton is long gone and can shoulder no blame. the man was quite possibly the greatest politician the 20th century ever saw.

6. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

which is leakier?

hmm....Jobs is so tight....if u shoved a lump of coal up his ass...in 2 weeks u would have a diamond! :eek:

I'm going with the plumbing in slums... ;)

btw...can anyone pick up the reference? ;)

7. job macrumors 68040

job

I politely disagree. He faced no crisis, no war. No major challenges to speak of. Sure, he had to deal with Somalia, Kosovo, Bosnia..etc..but that is nothing when compared to past conflicts.

His efforts at an Israeli/Palestinian peace agreement was nothing more than a plan to get his name in the history books.

He was not on the level of Churchill or Roosevelt.

8. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

either clinton was a good president who was in the right place at the right time

or he was a horrible president with no real talent except for the gift of gab and talked his way into a second term and not getting impeached and making his enemies forgive him...where in that case, he would be one of the 20th century's best pols;)

i don't think too many people equate being a good politician with being honest

if you want honest, become an accountant or minister...but politics, come on now...and smell the roses...i mean, uh, money;)

9. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

eyelikeart: too easy. ferris bueller's day off

hitman: i said politician, not great man. the man could cheat on his wife, disgrace himself by bombing iraq to sway the media coverage, purjor himself in court, and basically cheat lie and steal. yet he could always get people to believe in him, to follow him, to vote for him.

10. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

i have to double post again,

BUT

newt gingrich goes in as my vote for best POLITICIAN of recent years...what a snake that man was

but he knew how to play the game better than most...when is the last time you heard anything from the current speakers? or the ones who were in that position before newt?

tip o'neill maybe?

sam rayburn possibly?

now newt was politically sharp and scared me every day he was in his position of power;)

11. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

you know, those were the liveliest political drama days since watergate

...newt the philanderer vs. clinton the philanderer...both charmers in their own right

today's battles between bush and the democratic side seem so boring in comparison:p

12. diorio macrumors 6502a

What about FDR?

13. job macrumors 68040

job

Too true.. :D ;)

Attached Files:

14. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Clinton's greatest talent seemed to be saying exactly what people wanted to hear, even if he had no intention of following through...

15. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

he he he...yeah...but I never underestimate what people don't know ;)

16. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

get that down to an art form better than anyone in america and then i will prolly see you on tv in the future as our next prez!