Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alexf

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 2, 2004
Planet Earth
I am thinking of selling my Rev. B (June 2004) Dual 2.0 G5 tower. It is exactly two years old and is in absolutely mint condition - well taken care of, not so much as a scratch, and completely problem-free (so far - touch wood) Could someone tell me about what a fair price would be to ask, or how much I can expect to get for it?

It has a few upgrades; following are the specs:

Dual G5 2.0GHz
2 internal hard drives (each one 160GB)
2.5GB factory quality RAM
Graphics card factory upgraded to Radeon 9600 XT (128MB)
I still have everything that it shipped with, including the keyboard/mouse (also in excellent condition), all cables and manuals, and the box.

Please note that I am not posting this for sale here - just asking for advice in case I do decide to sell it.

Thanks for any help! :)

Makosuke

macrumors 604
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
Easiest way to get a general estimate is to do a search on eBay for similar machines, look at "Completed Auctions" in the options section, then see what similar machines actually sold for (remember to ignore overpriced ones that didn't sell).

That system isn't perfect, but it'll give you a pretty good idea of what the going rate is right now.

alexf

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 2, 2004
Planet Earth
Makosuke said:
Easiest way to get a general estimate is to do a search on eBay for similar machines, look at "Completed Auctions" in the options section, then see what similar machines actually sold for (remember to ignore overpriced ones that didn't sell).

That system isn't perfect, but it'll give you a pretty good idea of what the going rate is right now.

Thanks - I'll do that

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.