What is really wrong with the Democratic Patry....

Discussion in 'Community' started by Backtothemac, Nov 9, 2002.

1. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Well, there has been a lot of ideas about the recent historic election that took place. The main question is what is wrong with the Democratic party? Well, here is my take. The Party has become weak because it is attempting to represent too many people and agendas. They have no real identy and do know "stand" for anything. They have become a pack of watered down moderates, and ultra left wacko's that are out of touch with what the American People want. George Bush may not have had a mandate by the American People after the 2000 election, but he does now.

The Repbulican agenda will get pushed through the Congress, and we will find out whether George is a genius, and right, or an idiot that should not govern. I am betting on the first, but you all knew that.

Be careful what you wish for Mr. President. Now the entire world will be watching to see what you can do with power.

2. Ovi macrumors 6502

Re: What is really wrong with the Democratic Patry....

3. diorio macrumors 6502a

Re: Re: What is really wrong with the Democratic Patry....

very well said. The democrats are trying to reach out to everyone and are finding out that they cannot do it. The republican party on the other hand hasn't really changed its stance on any of the major issues.

4. alex_ant macrumors 68020

alex_ant

I actually agree with you for once, B2tM. However, I wouldn't say the president has a mandate from the people. The majority of Americans didn't vote, probably due to distaste with the political system and a notion that it would be hopeless to try to change it, and I believe a good portion of those who did vote voted for the least undesirable candidates they could find, and those candidates happened to be Republicans.

5. diorio macrumors 6502a

It's sad that so few people vote. They think that their vote doesn't matter or they don't like the system. If everyone voted than the system might change, it might not. Hopefully after this election more people will vote.

6. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

bingo, that's why it's even more important to vote when you don't like the system. i almost didn't vote this year, only cause i wasn't sure my registration carried over properly. but i did. if you love the system, no reason to try to change it/vote.

anyone know voter turnout stats at all? as in, did more % vote in 2000 or 96 or 92, etc... i'm assuming that more people vote in general during the presidential elections......

7. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

what is it generally for presidentials? higher i guess. and how did 2000 compare to previous ones?

i suppose i COULD look it up myself....

8. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

There is nothing wrong with the Democratic Party if you're a Republican ...

9. Choppaface macrumors 65816

"right" is a relative term and does not hold value in a community with diverse opinions. please explain

10. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

actually, well said bttm

i think bush will not get passed as much as he wants though

only time will tell

for the sake of you, me, and everybody in this country...let us all get out of this recession soon

i will gladly vote for him if he makes iraq disarm peacefully and our economy goes up

11. diorio macrumors 6502a

38% and one of the best in a long time. To be honest, that sucks. Of course it's not like you can force someone to the voting place, force a pencil into their hand and force them to color in the little boxes. They have to decide that it is important enough for them to do it. Of course, maybe it's better that more people don't vote. Less of a wait to vote, and not as many people expressing their opinion. It would probably be about the same results if everyone voted, like Ovi said, but there is always that one vote that changes everything...

12. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    is there a difference between the parties anymore?

shouldn't we just call them the republicrats and be done with the two-party illusion...

they've all sold out to big business... taken money from enron and other corps( who, of course, expect "nothing" in return)...they've all squandered the first surplus the federal government has had in many years...approved pork barrel projects to pay back their big contributers...ad infinitum

its not surprising voter turn-out is so low. not that i condone apathy...thats certainly not the answer.

the answer is to take responsibility on a local level and don't depend on the politicians to have your best interests in mind...

13. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Wow. Insightful. :rolleyes:

14. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

you are a democrat who feels the need to label and bunch everyone you come across into a group with a nice little label. you want to be like martha stewart, type up little labels and everything, but that would make you feel like less of a man, and more of well, a woman.

that is the best i can do with your continued generalizations.

15. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

thanks mom.

that fits, what with the whole martha stewart thing...

16. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

who cares if it was the democratic agenda? i don't. since the democrats have sold out just as much as the republicans. 3rdpath was saying they are one in the same, ie, he doesn't much like republicans either.

don't put words and labels on people when it doesn't even fit. it's getting so old.

17. alex_ant macrumors 68020

alex_ant

Hey, wait a minute...

If Ovi is your mother...

I just engaged in steamy hot loving with your grandmother last night! Eeeeew!

18. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Thank you for that delicious mental image right before bed...:( :eek:

19. DakotaGuy macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

I am a Democrat and proud of it. Make fun of me if you want, but it is a free country and that is my beliefs and choice.

20. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    well, at least you gave it your best...its good to know one's own capabilities.

but my friend, you are incorrect.