Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ethen

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2005
Athlon Opteron 8 ways and Windows XP hahahaha, nah i'm just kidding.

You know, i'm curious myself, and wonder if he upgrades his mac most of the time :p

lamina

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 9, 2006
Niagara
He probably is testing out the next next 'big thing'

and by next, I don't mean neXt :)

ethen

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2005
but i'm sure he have 1 system or laptop where he keep his stuff permanently, it's tiring for him to backup restore all the time hahaha

blueflame

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2003
Studio City
gimme a break

A 1ghz TI? I dnt think so.
first off, how many comp;uters do you think he has, probably like 8 in his house, 2 in the office, 1 in the car.
secondly, he has more money than god, plus, he gets free computers, he upgrades each item at each revision. they dont come out so often theat i bet he gets a new one at each revision, both powermac and macPortable line.
although i bet he has at least one of each computer he has ever made.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
No, I would bet you money that Steve doesn't upgrade at every revision. What is the point? He's probably not even a power user, if you think about it.

He has been using a TiBook since the Alubooks came out, yes, I'm sure he has used an Alubook, but maybe he LIKES the TiBook and wants to continue using it.

I'd be betting that he has that, maybe a 12" Powerbook for traveling, and a G5 with Cinema display.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
I remember when he was in the hospital a year ago (?), there was a report that he was e mailing apple employees from his bed on a 17" powerbook.

This thread has been done before, btw. :)

Hummer

macrumors 65816
Feb 3, 2006
Queens, New York NY-5
I think it's safe to say he is probably normal like the rest of us when it comes to his setups. Notice I said setups. But the only thing not normal is the number of them he has.

p0intblank

macrumors 68030
Sep 20, 2005
New Jersey
Well I know his family uses an iMac (didn't he mention this at a keynote?), and he probably still uses his PowerBook G4 17-inch, as mentioned above. Also I'm sure he has a Windows box lying around, obviously for teasing purposes. :D

iSaint

macrumors 603
Hummer said:
I think it's safe to say he is probably normal like the rest of us when it comes to his setups. Notice I said setups. But the only thing not normal is the number of them he has.

Normal? He probably has something that's five years from release to the little people!

Quad Core Intel 3.5ghz 15" AppleBook Professional.

Or something unimaginable like that.

Demon Hunter

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2004
A TiBook, are you kidding? Why would he suffer with one of those?

That's probably why Apple never fixes cosmetic problems, i.e paint chipping. Steve upgrades too fast to notice. :D

UberMac

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2005
England
iSaint said:
Normal? He probably has something that's five years from release to the little people!

Little People - just because I'm short! :D Incidentally, this Quad Core Intel 3.5ghz 15" AppleBook Professional you speak of...when is it due? Oh I hope it's the April 1st event :D :p :rolleyes: :eek:

calebjohnston

macrumors 68000
Jan 24, 2006
I highly doubt he upgrades on a consistent basis. I'm sure has his hobbies, but running a business that massive alone is going to take up countless hours of his 'free-time'. I'd say a good powermac and his 17" PB (which he used to write that e-mail about him being sick), and his 15" MBP.

M. Malone

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2004
iSaint said:

no no, he has a 12" MacBook Pro :)

DaveP

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2005
I would bet he doesn't own a whole ton computers. Hasn't he always been more interested in making money from computers than computers themselves (vs the Woz). Though he does seem to have an ego, so I would highly doubt he's using outdated stuff.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.