What is T-Mobile's LTE band?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aznboi91, Nov 30, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

Jul 27, 2012
    What lte band will T-mobile end up using? Is it going to be compatible with Verizon version or ATT version of iPhone 5?
  2. macrumors 604

Apr 6, 2007
    Looks like they are testing in the 1755-1780 MHz bands.

Also, assuming the merger is approved, they mightbe eventually using MetroPCS's LTE spectrum as well.
  3. macrumors regular

Oct 11, 2012
    Verrado, Buckeye, Arizona
    Right now, the Verizon iPhone 5 will only register the 4G 1900 Mhz (Band 25) which is also being used by T-Mobile in ONLY a selected markets. I live in Phoenix and it's sporadic 3G only. No LTE. I don't think the iPhone 5 will ever use T-Mobile's prospective LTE capabilities. MacRumors has a report on prior Apple approval of LTE feature.
  4. macrumors 68040

Jul 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    The AT&T one will be the one you would want on T-Mobile, it will work with T-Mobile's pending LTE, and with refarmed HSPA+ 42 right now.
  5. macrumors 68000

Mar 17, 2010
    Planet Earth
    T-Mobile will be deploying LTE in Band 4. AT&T iPhone supports Band 4.
  6. macrumors Nehalem

Apr 16, 2008
    At the iPhone hacks section.
    That's another very good point.
    So even if the bands/frequency will be compatible with the iphone and the carrier in question the phone will never get the LTE option to turn ON in the settings unless Apple approves its network.
    And you can bet if the iphone is not officially sold by that particular carrier Apple will not be turning it on.
    Another way how Apple has the carriers by the ballz:D

Interesting article below:
    So to those thinking I will buy the verizon i5 version to get LTE everywhere else in the world outside the US think again.
    If the international carrier you would like to use it on doesnt get approval by Apple and passes their tests then you will not be able to connect to their LTE.
    Just GSM 3G and HSPA+