Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tazo

macrumors 68040
Regardless of what people say, I think the best mac is the one that you have, that you have made a part of your life, and an essential component of your computing lifestyle. Damn performance to hell, every mac is a work of art and does its job as such. When it comes to a mac and what it does for you, do a few periods and added s's do anything? Exactly.

bennetsaysargh

macrumors 68020
Jan 20, 2003
New York
CUBE! CUBE! CUBE! CUBE! CUBE! CUBE! CUBE! CUBE! CUBE! CUBE! CUBE! CUBE! CUBE! CUBE!

THE CUBE IS THE BEST NO MATTER WHAT!

sorry if i seem a bit ecited. i just want a cube so friggin bad!

tjwett

macrumors 68000
May 6, 2002
Brooklyn, NYC
Cube, hands down. Best one I've ever owned and I've had them all. The Cube was a work of art, and it worked beautifully. I regret selling mine every day.

MrBillGates

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
I think the best Mac computer of all times is the Mac IIfx... Naturally, it doesn't have the athestics nor power of today's Mac's, but I'm looking at things from a relative perspective. The IIfx had tremendous performance and WOW factor relative to anything else out there at the time.

Also, the SE30 was pretty sweet...

bennetsaysargh

macrumors 68020
Jan 20, 2003
New York
Originally posted by tazo
wow a lot of people like the cube. (PCI) :D :D

people like the cube because it was a consumer computer, and you could hook it up to an old moniter, or buy an apple moniter:D. it didn't have a built in moniter. apple sold more moniters that way.
i want a cube!!!

no eBay links please:(

Wyrm

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2003
Toekeeyoe, Japan
Cube?!
Too bad it didn't sell well - alas, just too soon. I hope they make a low end cube so you can drive your stereo or tv with one.

Re: IIfx
I remember this, and I have to agree the WOW factor was there when I first saw one. It was the first time I saw a computer drive 2 screens! One was even colour!

I have to say the current G4 PowerMac is my favourite design.. although there are quirks (as with any product), it is a great piece of PC engineering.

-Wyrm

janey

macrumors 603
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
laptop: 17" PowerBook
desktop: G4 Cube, hands down :)
all-in-one: the Twentieth Anniversary Mac (you've gotta admit it was a work of art, even though it was pretty expensive)
Monitor to go with all those computers: 23" Cinema HD Display
Peripheral to go with those computers: 30gb iPod and Griffin PowerMate

ibookin'

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
Originally posted by übergeek
all-in-one: the Twentieth Anniversary Mac (you've gotta admit it was a work of art, even though it was pretty expensive)

Since when is the TAM all in one? :D I guess it was in that the monitor and CD-ROM were in the same part, making the user interact pretty much exclusively with one part, plus the keyboard/touchpad combination.

My favorite Macs:

Desktop: The Cube. No further explanation.

Laptop: 12" PowerBook. Small, light, SuperDrive, what more could you ask for? Maybe a L3 cache and more RAM... :D

dhdave

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2001
NJ
I think the best Mac computer of all times is the Mac IIfx... Naturally, it doesn't have the athestics nor power of today's Mac's, but I'm looking at things from a relative perspective. The IIfx had tremendous performance and WOW factor relative to anything else out there at the time.

Also, the SE30 was pretty sweet...

I still have a IIfx in my collection. I love that machine. It does what it does so well. I'm moving and I've decided to give away my quadra 950, but that IIfx and it's 8 color video card are going with me. (Along with about 10 other mac museum pieces)

Not to be cliche' but I still the think the Mac Plus was the best Mac ever. I'm an old dude who's back in college and I always wanted one when they were new my first time around in college. I bought a couple on ebay and I used one exclusively for the entire summer semester last year. I wrote several papers on it. It fit on my nightstand next to the bed (isn't that where everyone does their best writing??) and it never skipped a beat. It reminded me why I love Macs and Apple in the first place.

-dh

janey

macrumors 603
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
Originally posted by ibookin'
Since when is the TAM all in one? :D I guess it was in that the monitor and CD-ROM were in the same part, making the user interact pretty much exclusively with one part, plus the keyboard/touchpad combination.
technically it was all in one.

ibookin'

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
Originally posted by übergeek
technically it was all in one.

I don't want a war about this, but it was two pieces.

Attachments

• 20th_mac.jpg
    20th_mac.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 913

MrBillGates

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
Not to be cliche' but I still the think the Mac Plus was the best Mac ever. -dh [/B]

Do you have a copy of the original Tetris? It is definately the best game ever produced - and on the Mac II it was in color! I though thought the russian backgrounds and music were great. Why the heck isn't the original version re-released?

melchior

macrumors 65816
Nov 17, 2002
the G3 Pismo.

the best design apple ever came out with. amazing. perfect. beautiful. i loved it. so much.

i don't like the TI/ALU PB design. i love the pismo. (damned heavy though)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.