Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

؟؟ which is the best battery case ??

• by Stalion

• by Alpatronix

• by Trianium

• by Mophie

Results are only viewable after voting.

JT2002TJ

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2013
I just got one for my iphone 6+, it works great. They also have one for the 6:

For me it was the price Zvoltz makes it:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00S01L348?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

If I had a 6, I would look into the ones that have wireless charging built in. This way if you are at strarbucks or other places that have QI wireless charging built into their tables, you can benefit. Plus, you dont have to use USB micro to charge it.

Battery case with wireless charging:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VPVTAFO/ref=nav_timeline_asin?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The other option is Apples battery case (6/6s only), if I didn't get one with wireless charging, this is what I would get, because it has a female lightning port, so you don't have to mess with USB micro.

Apple battery case:
http://www.apple.com/shop/product/M...rid_73329386050_&cid=aos-us-kwg-pla-btb-slid-

Reactions: adroit11

JT2002TJ

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2013
apple battery case is not good
please vote

You might get better advise if you say why you do not like the apple battery case. By understanding this, users may be able to give you more useful information.

I didn't vote because I have no experience with the ones you have listed.

Thanks

Reactions: adroit11

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
I'm a fan of battery cases that don't have the chin on the bottom. Check out the ThinCharge or the Solememo - both are super thin, chinless, and allow you to use your lightning cable for charging and syncing. All battery case manufacturers should follow their lead.

adroit11

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 5, 2015

bhayes444

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2013
I have been impressed by the Solememo case as well. My only concern would be that it is not MFI certified, and has the potential to be rendered useless by an iOS update. Other than that it looks fantastic!

Other than that, I've read numerous times that the best bang for your buck power case is the Anker Ultra Slim case. Retails for around $30 on Amazon currently.

Last edited:

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Just bought the Apple battery case (I have a business trip coming up where I will need it). I'm very glad not to have to mess with micro-USB cables. And I also like the battery level reporting that Apple has included with iOS. Right from the notification panel, I can see my iPhone's battery, watch's battery and the case's battery.

Reactions: nikster0029

adroit11

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 5, 2015
Just bought the Apple battery case (I have a business trip coming up where I will need it). I'm very glad not to have to mess with micro-USB cables. And I also like the battery level reporting that Apple has included with iOS. Right from the notification panel, I can see my iPhone's battery, watch's battery and the case's battery.
apple battery case is ugly design and low power saving
sry for bad english

Reactions: AleXXXa

nmeed

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2014
What color did you get it in and how are you finding the lint issue?

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
What color did you get it in and how are you finding the lint issue?
Bought the grey. Does pick up some lint, yup. Hoping it diminishes with time. It's not going to be for daily use though. Just when necessary.
[doublepost=1458437955][/doublepost]
apple battery case is ugly design and low power saving
sry for bad english
I actually like the design. Comfortable to hold. And adds at least 50% more capacity I've found. Plus, the Lightning charging port a killer feature.

Reactions: nmeed

adroit11

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 5, 2015
Many people find it quite useful and practical.
no one find it quite usefull
trust me
apple battery case sucks you can buy it and test it man
only few people buy worse apple battery case then they are sorry for pay money but they dont say that for pride
[doublepost=1458440343][/doublepost]
[doublepost=1458437955][/doublepost]
I actually like the design. Comfortable to hold. And adds at least 50% more capacity I've found. Plus, the Lightning charging port a killer feature.
:D
:)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
no one find it quite usefull
trust me
apple battery case sucks you can buy it and test it man
only few people buy worse apple battery case then they are sorry for pay money but they dont say that for pride
[doublepost=1458440343][/doublepost]
:D
:)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Yeah, no one likes it at all :rolleyes:

https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...-the-best-battery-case-ive-ever-used.1945686/

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/apple-battery-case-a-contrarian-view.1943919/

Perhaps avoiding unnecessary theatrics would be a better course of action?

adroit11

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 5, 2015

bhayes444

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2013
I also recently picked up the apple battery case. While the design is a tad controversial it does feel very nice in hand, and is much easier to pick off a flat surface vs the naked phone. I have the grey one, and while it does have a tendency to have lint stick to it, it wipes away easy enough. My main issue with lint is that all cases with a lip tend to trap it on the edges of the screen.

My only complaint with the battery case is that it adds quite a bit of weight to the phone. Granted that is due to the fact that it is solidly built, but it is easy enough to take off so no real problem. My increased battery life seems to be on par with xraydoc, getting at least 50% more if not up to 75%. I do like it, and hope they can add some additional little tweaks with how the phone uses it in software updates. One change I'd like to see is for iOS not to display the charging indicator if the phone battery is at 100% and it is going off battery case power. If it truly treats it as an extension of the iPhone battery after charging it to 100% then there would be no need to continuously display that icon. The only real use for it is an even quicker glance for when the case is dead vs pulling down the notification shade.

adroit11

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 5, 2015
we never buy apple battery case dude
dont spam
just vote for my best case
belive me apple buttery case is sucks man

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
dont spam
Not to worry, most of us believe more than just a single random (and likely biased) user on an anonymous online forum.

Reactions: willmtaylor

bhayes444

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2013
dont spam
Not spamming, I just wouldn't buy any of those cases. For the price of the mop how I'd rather get the Apple case. Other than that I'd get an Anker. If you don't like the Apple case that's fine, but in all honesty you should be able to make up your mind with the information you have at hand. Figure out your price ceiling, then narrow it down by most important features (capacity, design, etc.); not really that difficult.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.