what is the best dc++ client for OSX?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by toughboy, Jun 5, 2004.

1. toughboy macrumors 6502a

toughboy

I used to use DC++ on my pc for P2P file sharing but yesterday I bought a Wi-Fi device, so I plan to use dc++ for mac after today, and I need recommendations about the best client of dc++..

thanks in advance..

2. toughboy thread starter macrumors 6502a

toughboy

3. toughboy thread starter macrumors 6502a

toughboy

4. king_leonidas macrumors member

king_leonidas

5. nicorojas macrumors member

dc++ not available for the mac

Hi, i also used DC++ on my pc. The mac client is not very good, in fact, that's not the case, it is just that it is an official version (dc++ is not) and has the same limitations that the official pc version.

I guess the best option is using dc++ in virtual pc. I have had no problems till now. DC++ is not a resource hog.

6. blue&whiteman macrumors 65816

blue&whiteman

I get good results with the mac client. many hubs allow modus clients. i'm always able to find and d/l whatever i'm after.

7. toughboy thread starter macrumors 6502a

toughboy

what peer-to-peer file sharing program do you recommend then? I am open to everything but I just dont like those "must-upload" kind of programs like donkey and mule stuff...

8. blue&whiteman macrumors 65816

blue&whiteman

so you expect to download all you want and give nothing back to these people? thats pretty selfish. you want to use other peoples bandwidth but not allow them some of yours?

people like you don't deserve to use peer apps

9. toughboy thread starter macrumors 6502a

toughboy

all I want is to be able to control the amount I am uploading, because if I dont do so, my 128/32kbits of DSL connection starts downloading nothing when someone uploads with 4-5kbs/sec. I dont think thats selfish because there are people in the world who are not effected from uploads and there are people who are still connected with 33.6k dial-up modem..

I just upgraded my connection from 56k dialup to DSL, hoping that upload wont slow the downloads, but unfortunately it does, so all I want is to be able to control it without the programs like netlimiter and etc..

is this selfish?

10. blue&whiteman macrumors 65816

blue&whiteman

yes it is! it slows your downloads, not stops them. so you don't like to share just because it makes your downloads slower?

*hands you the leech of the year award*