Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

masteroflondon

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2007
London, UK
Hi

I have purchased a jessops digital 8inch frame high resolution (800x600) as a christmas present for my father. He has a macbook and I wondered if it was compatible to run it from that via a usb as he has deleted all his cards and put the pics onto the mac. It states it supports jpeg, having a pc I dont know about macs.

I dont have much time to return the item so any help would be appreciated thanks,

Happy Holidays everyone!

I don't know the Jessops, but Sony, Kodak and Philips all work with Macs just fine, and I'm guessing the Jessops will too. All the ones I've used just appear like an external drive in both Windows and Macs in just the same way. It's a very obvious and standard thing to do, so I don't see why Jessops would do it any differently. In any case, I assume the Jessops can read certain types of memory card, and the Mac will write to those, so even if you can't connect directly, you could just write to a card and pop it in the frame. I seriously doubt you'll have a problem. :)

Rewes

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2005
I have the Sony DPF-V900 9", which works very well, looks nice and the image quality is really good. They also make a 7" model.

spaceballl

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 2, 2003
San Francisco, CA
Oh I forgot to update this post :D.

I ended up buying the Sony DPF-D80. Why did I choose this device?

A necessary feature was that it could go through the pics randomly. Surprisingly, many frames do not support this feature!

Also, it uses a 4x6 aspect ratio. This is good because most of my photos are 4x6 ratio.

It's a bit pricier than off brand 8" photo frames, but it really is great! It also has a timer so I can have it turn itself off between 11PM and 630AM. :D

The screen looks very classy and the pictures really "pop" on it. I'm quite happy with the purchase!

DominikHoffmann

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2007
Indiana
A perfect frame would be the Kodak 10" digital frame

I have given my parents in Germany a Kodak PULSE frame. We'll have to see, how well that works. But, for me, the key in selecting it was that I can remotely update the photos. Unfortunately, with the PULSE, I can neither connect to the frame directly in any way, or, in turn, have it connect to a picture source of my choosing. Everything goes through a Kodak-hosted site. Who knows how many years they're willing to keep it running.

crzdcolombian

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
I have given my parents in Germany a Kodak PULSE frame. We'll have to see, how well that works. But, for me, the key in selecting it was that I can remotely update the photos. Unfortunately, with the PULSE, I can neither connect to the frame directly in any way, or, in turn, have it connect to a picture source of my choosing. Everything goes through a Kodak-hosted site. Who knows how many years they're willing to keep it running.

Isn't kodak bankrupt?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.