What Is The Best File Sharing Progam?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dejamoi, Oct 12, 2005.

1. dejamoi macrumors member

OK, first of all I AM NOT USING LIMEWIRE TO DOWNLOAD COPYRIGHTED THINGS like films, games, etc. So please, do not say that I can't post anything illegal because I'm not asking an illegal question. I am just using it to get files from my cousin from Thunder Bay because he has all of my presentation files for school at home and he refuses to upload them to the internet (dial-up) so he said he will just put them on a P2P program so I can download them. So please, for him and I, what is the next best thing when it comes to a file sharing program that actually is compatible with OS X Tiger? Thanks so much for anyone who can help me, and for those that still think what I'm doing is illegal (which isn't), please FEEL FREE to email me at dejamoi@hotmail.com, THAT'S dejamoi@hotmail.com.

Thank you,

Bob

2. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

Bit Torrent, searchable clients suck these days except for the occasional bootleg song or something.

3. fayans macrumors 6502a

fayans

I don't know if this is the best but Transmission was once recommended here. It is efficiently a small freeware program.

4. mrzeve macrumors 6502a

5. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

6. SummerBreeze macrumors 6502a

SummerBreeze

I usually get files from friends using iChat or Microsoft Messenger. Seems a lot easier than using a file-sharing program.

7. asherman13 macrumors 6502a

asherman13

acquisition for sure....if the files (compressed or not) are under 10mb, you could both create g-mail accounts and e-mail 'em...i can give you an invite if need be.