what is the best free way to upload an iweb page?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by andrewface, Sep 14, 2006.

1. andrewface macrumors regular

andrewface

whats the easiest free way to uplaod an entire site that i have made?
    i know that .mac makes it super easy but my trial is over an i wont be subscribing...
    thanks

2. thugpoet22 macrumors regular

Im kinda interested in this as well. I took Iweb off of my mac because im not going to get a .mac account, but if there is a free or cheap and easy way of doing it, i might actually put it back on.

3. dazboardrider macrumors member

I have domains with both Godday and Doteasy. I would recomend buying a domain name through doteasy as they give you free hosting with the purchace of your domain name.

Godday also has the same service but they have banner advertising that will appear on every page of you site!

4. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

Yeah, I would get a domain for like $10.00 a year + pay $2.00/month for the webspace. I think that is really your best bet.

5. thugpoet22 macrumors regular

a little off topic but i was just wondering... so when you create your own website does it automatically get become searchable by the major search engines or do you have to contact them in some way? I always wondered about this.:confused:

6. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

You have to add a line of code to optimize it for Search Engines (in the HTML) and then all of the search engines should pick it up. It takes about a month though, so be patient.