What is the best game out there at the moment?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Chris14, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Chris14 macrumors regular

Chris14

Hello all!

I need some advice about which game to buy. I want a new game, and I have Windows XP via Boot Camp so anything is possible. Newer games are prefered.
    Any recommendations for the my setup (see sig)

All opinions are appreciated,

Thanks
    Chris

2. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

3. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

HalfLife 2 without doubt. Great single player game and great on line fun but it depends on your favorite genera. Now that ....ahem Macs are PC's the PC world has all kinds of games to offer.

4. risc macrumors 68030

risc

Supreme Commander
    Company of Heroes
    World of Warcraft : The Burning Crusade
    Europa Universalis III
    Rainbow Vegas 6

hell I could go on for days... maybe you should tell us what kind of games you like?

5. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

• Supreme Commander — won't perform fantastically on your rig, but it's taxing on the best of PCs
    • Half Life 2 (and then EP1 if you want more)
    • Dungeon Siege 2 was fun, but not as good as the original

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I agree, best FPS I've ever seen. The story, the gameplay (well, gravity gun). Just really sets itself above other games IMO.

Best of all time? Doom 1 and 2 on one of the million new Doom engines. mouse aiming=w00t.

7. Tim117 macrumors regular

8. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

I still believe Warcraft III is one of the best games anyone can buy, its dirt cheap (I think you can get the game and the expansion --a must have-- for only 25 or 30 bucks), mac (UB)+windows on the same disc. Its great, I bought the game and their expansion when they were first released respectively and I still play them to this day, I've beat the main campaign a hundred times and have wasted hundreds of hours of my life playing LAN with my buddies or playing some wacky custom game on b.net (I don't like playing melee online).

After you beat all the campaigns (which will take you a fair amount of time) you can then jump on battlenet or LAN parties with friends, if you get bored of playing melee, you can always download a few custom maps you will be surprised by how creative users are and how flexible the world editor is... there is even a kart racing map.