Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zooby

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 2, 2008
I used to use Purify, but it hasn't been updated in months so I am uninstalling it. Heard great things about Adguard, Focus, and Wipr though. Looking for the best overall blocker.

timeconsumer

macrumors 68020
Aug 1, 2008
Portland
I used to use Purify, but it hasn't been updated in months so I am uninstalling it. Heard great things about Adguard, Focus, and Wipr though. Looking for the best overall blocker.
I switched from Refine to Adguard about a month ago mostly due to lack of updates from Refine. I haven't had any complaints so far.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Purify updates in the background. There is an auto site insight update.

BeforeTheMeds

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2016
Edomx, MX
I have a ton of them and genius is the best if you want to block everything.

Its a pay app but like all of them I got it free not long back. The rest have all been uninstalled.

ATC

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2008
Canada
Adblock Plus has been working great for me and has whitelist support. Also, it's free.

theramod

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2015
I switched to Adguard from Crystal and it's working great. Crystal was a waste of money.

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
I switched from Refine to Adguard about a month ago mostly due to lack of updates from Refine. I haven't had any complaints so far.

I use AdGuard. Good all round blocker with optional filters.

AdGuard so far is the best.

I use also AdGuard. Satisfied.

I switched to Adguard from Crystal and it's working great.

Add me to the list of Adguard users. It's fast, doesn't cause issues with websites, is constantly updated, and best of all... free :)

If I ever go android I'll absolutely be buying their lifetime license to not only have ad blocking in chrome, but also to support them as I feel they are a good company.

Reactions: theramod and ABC5S

BeforeTheMeds

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2016
Edomx, MX
Thought I would post a screenshot of genius since its a pay app. I only use ad blocking and have never seen a single ad. Can't ask for more. Maybe it will go to free again soon. Simple and effective. Adguard is a good app but bloated, over 80mb where Genius is 12 mb.

Genius does not have the safari extension where you can report missed ads but I have never had a missed ad or messed up website. Safari is MUCH faster.

image.png

Last edited:

ATC

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2008
Canada
Add me to the list of Adguard users. It's fast, doesn't cause issues with websites, is constantly updated, and best of all... free :)

If I ever go android I'll absolutely be buying their lifetime license to not only have ad blocking in chrome, but also to support them as I feel they are a good company.
After all the posts about Adguard I downloaded it last night, replaced my Adblock Plus. So far so good. Great app and I really like the in-browser controls.

Reactions: bandofbrothers
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.