Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

max2

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 31, 2015
If there is not one what is the top 5 or 10 please ?

Tycho24

Suspended
Aug 29, 2014
Florida
VERY expensive($90+, I think), but Apple's two parts look/work FABULOUS.
I got the Smart Case front in navy blue & the Smart Case back in white... looks hot.

Reactions: tagumcity

Tycho24

Suspended
Aug 29, 2014
Florida

image.jpeg

Commy1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2013
For my iPad, I picked up the Urban Armor Gear folio case. Couldn't be more happy with it. Feels safe and durable but isn't bulky or unsightly.
If I had walked into the store and the Otterbox been out at that time, I probably would have gone with that but I'd have been disappointed hiding my iPad away inside a plastic fortress. This is the best of both worlds imo

jrs22

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2012
Lol, it freaked me out at 1st too; but I've been doing that for over three years (iPad Retina)... they've only gotten lighter.
Now I don't even think about it! =)

Ive lifted my lightweight iPad mini 4 by the Smart Cover and it couldn't lift the iPad plus silicone case. Maybe the larger models have more or stronger magnets.

allapon

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
I really like Speck Handyshell for my iPad Mini, its handle, which acts as stands, is perfect on both horizontal and vertical alignment. Unfortunately, there is no similar case in term of design for iPad Mini 4 at all!

pjh

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2007
Airstrip 1
It really depends what your requirements are. Is you focus on protection, looks, feel, weight, etc.

Personally I like the folio look, despise any covering of the ipad front (bezels?) and weight is not too important.

I have an ipad pro (12). If I could get hold of them, I would go for one of the pad&quill offerings. Apple make some excellent cases, especially the smart keyboard option, but IMHO the lack of colour choice, price and UK keyboard option is a killer.

My favourite case at the moment is the Stilgut leather Couverture, in brown. It meets all my needs.

MaxBga

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2015
France
As said, I can confirm how good the Apple silicone ones are (& smart cover if you want a complete protection). They are gripy, have a really decent lip on the front to protect your screen, the quality is amazing and it fits perfectly.

They are just so expensive, but once you've bought 'em you won't be worried to buy other cases.

Reactions: specialk0449

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
For me, I want the most useful, flexible and lightweight option. What works for me is the ASK cover on the front and a matte skin on the back.

When my IPP travels outside the house it's in a zippered pouch along with the Pencil and my wireless earbuds.

That's what works best for me - so no case.

Volusia

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2016
Central Florida
I think it depends on what you are looking for in a case. For me, I love the Zagg keyboard and case. It provides a lot of protection (my Grandson is using it as we speak so I want it protected) and I love having the keyboard.

Using the Zagg unit, it is almost the same as using my MBP, but smaller and I can take it with me easier.

tagumcity

macrumors regular
May 11, 2015
Tempe, Arizona
I have the Sena folio case which provides good protection and the leather makes for an attractive case. However, there is an increase in weight and thickness. My preference is for the Apple smart cover and silicone case because the smart cover can be removed and the case provides corner protection, "grippy", thin and is light weight (it is as close to naked as you can get and still provide confidence in drop protection). Plus Ghost Armor screen protector and the iPad can be kept in good condition. I have a Thule sleeve also that use when carrying the iPad in my backpack.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.