What is the best iPad case?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Applenewstoday, Aug 9, 2010.

1. macrumors regular

Applenewstoday

I just got my iPad, and I want it to be protected from falls from 3 feet onto cement. I just broke my iPod screen be sitting on a rock, so I'm really worried about a bigger sheet of glass. :(

2. macrumors 6502a

its really all personal opinion/ what kind of case you want. I really like the book design and I feel the incipio kickstand or the griffin elan passport fits my criteria nicely.

3. thread starter macrumors regular

Applenewstoday

I kinda like the book style, but I much prefer cases that cover the back. I want it to be able to protect the screen from impacts, and prevent the back from scratching...

4. macrumors 6502

I really love my Belkin Grip Vue. it doesn't add to much bulk but it's protected my iPad perfectly since launch day. Not a scratch on it.

5. macrumors 6502

KameronBriggs

I'm waiting for my iSkin Vu to arrive.
    It's a mix of TPU and Hard Case. It retails for 64.99, but it's much cheaper on other places online. I've seen some great reviews. I already have a TPU Case, much like the Belkin Grip Vue. I like the material.

6. macrumors 601

HiRez

I vote for the Apple case: it's thin (barely adds any thickness), light, easy to grip, makes the iPad easy to hold, and props up multiple ways. It gets dusty (marks on the surface), but they wipe off with a damp cloth easily.

But it really depends on what you're looking for in a case: style, protection, versatility, etc. They all have their plusses and minuses.

7. thread starter macrumors regular

Applenewstoday

I don't mind bulk, I just want a cheap, yet durable, iPad case

8. macrumors 68020

+1

9. thread starter macrumors regular

Applenewstoday

I don't think the apple iPad case protects it if you drop it.

10. macrumors regular

I've been looking around as well as I'm planning to buy cover for mine in the next week. My other iPad had a small dent on the back and quite a bit of scratches, got it replaced due to light leakage and want to keep this one looking new. Found these that interested me from engadget and gizmodo review's.

http://gizmodo.com/5597000/review-in-case-convertible-book-case-for-ipad

and

http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/03/a-tale-of-two-ipad-cases-the-dodocase-and-m-edge-trip-jacket/

what do you guys thinks?

11. macrumors 68020

Blorzoga

Belkin grip vue + power support antiglare is the best combo available. Protection + grip - bulk = awesome

12. macrumors regular

thing is, I'm gonna be carrying around the iPad in my backpack and I don't think something like this will protect it.

13. Guest

Surely

This is what I use as well. Perfect protection.

When I need to take it with me, I use an Incase Netbook Sleeve. It's almost exactly the same as the iPad-specific case, but it opens on the side instead of on top, and it's around 1/2 inch longer. I modded it by adding a shoulder strap to it so I don't need to put it in a bag.......

Attached Files:

14. macrumors 68020

I have a Grip Vue and carry my iPad in a Timbuk2 man purse (yes, you heard me, MAN PURSE). More than enough protection, IMHO.

15. macrumors regular

Lol. What are your thoughts though if I have it in my backpack with folders and a book or two. From what I've seen, the Grip Vue doesn't offer much protection for the screen, or am I mistaken?

16. macrumors 601

HiRez

It offers some protection. It's not padded, but it does have ridged edges that would absorb some impact from the sides. That said, it's very grippy and the iPad is not heavy, so I've never dropped it or even "almost" dropped it. I've carried books around for years and unless I'm carrying a bunch of heavy ones with slippery covers, I never feel like their going to spontaneously leap out of my hand. So the iPad feels totally secure, but I suppose it depends how clumsy you are.

17. thread starter macrumors regular

Applenewstoday

Is there a book style case that has a clear back? I like the apple logo and such.

18. macrumors newbie

I just got Grip Vue (clear) for my iPad at Best Buy today. I really like it. I was using Apple iPad Case but I wanted to see the back of the iPad so. just my opinion

19. macrumors 6502

I use my grip vue with my belkin pleated iPad sleeve when I take it with me. it provides more than enough protection and i like the fact that the sleeve has an extra zipper pouch to carry around a charger/iPod if need be.

20. macrumors 6502a

Seamaster

21. macrumors member

I've got the Belkin pleated case too. Very neat and the expandable pocket is perfect for headphones, cables and power blocks. Very pleased with it.

22. macrumors member

I'm using the Otterbox Commuter case and so far I love it. It does add a little weight, but my iPad feels nice and safe with it on. It adds protection while still looking fairly stylish.

23. macrumors member

thats the same combo ive decided to go with, adding in MoviePegs for watching videos/typing

24. thread starter macrumors regular

Applenewstoday

Is the Contour iSee for iPad a good durable case? I'm interested in that one

25. macrumors newbie

Nicolle Casey

iPad sleeve

It seems first you need good protection for your iPad!
    I'm curious how do you guys keep your iPad screen clean.. I had a problem with the smudge marks and started looking for a sleeve - this is how I came up with the idea of iShine microfiber sleeve for the iPad. Let me know if you want to try it!

Nicolle