What is the best protective cover skin?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by demstav, May 4, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

2. macrumors 6502a

nightfly13

3. macrumors member

zdblue11

4. macrumors newbie

I had an invisishield installed and its GREAT

5. macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Yes but it's also pretty heavy because of the grips it has. I would get the DermaShot by Incipio instead for the everyday. And get a Bestskinsever skin for the back.

6. macrumors regular

I would recommend bestskinsever.com, I have one on my iPad and it's great, cuts down on glare and fingerprints as well.

7. macrumors 603

roland.g

I am another vote for BSE - bestskinsever. In my experience they are superior to BodyGuardz and slightly better than InvisibleShield but at a lower price. They give a nice tacky grip, have the best template cuts for the best alignment and are fairly easy to put on. I have on one my iPhone, MacBook, and will be putting one on my iPad this weekend. However, I don't put skins on my screens. I get the back only version as I am trying to cover the iPad metal casing and don't want that tacky feel on my screen. If you must put something on the screen, go with a film.

I have an aluminum MacBook that will be 2 years old in November and looks brand new. Likewise so does my 2 year old iPhone 3G. I sold my original iPhone after a year to get the 3G and got great $$ for it because my BSE kept it in mint condition.

Added bonus is that they are out of Colorado so I get to support a local company.

BTW, from what I heard from another member you can still put the iPad into an Apple Case or Macally Bookstand with the skin on. It won't prevent it from sliding in and out of the case.

8. macrumors newbie

Does the besteverskin cover the sides? If so, how far up to the glass does it go?

9. macrumors 603

roland.g

http://www.bestskinsever.com/ipad-skin

Here is the link. Look at the enlarged image. It has strips like for my MacBook that cover the side and a back. But nothing covers the front unless you order the full body that comes with the glass skin. The images are pretty clear.

10. macrumors newbie

What do you mean by film? I was only aware of skins. Thanks.

11. macrumors member

RUGGEDIZED SKIN for the iPad from HARD CANDY

I purchased the "RUGGEDIZED SKIN" for $39.95 plus S&H from HARD CANDY. Great product with an even better look which fully protects your iPad. Buy one of these and you don't need a case. When the "SKIN" is closed you can't tell an iPad is inside. You won't have to worry about someone lifting it from you. It resembles the look of tire treads. Sturdy but pliable with easy access to all openings. Do yourself a favor and check out the HARD CANDY website. You can't go wrong with this "SKIN". Great fit on the iPad. Believe me you will never get a scratch on your iPad if you buy this item. Check it out at HARD CANDY.

Joe B.