Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zaclancaster1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2010
My boss just bought me a macbook pro for work, and told me to look into getting a bigger monitor or maybe a TV. I'm not that savy on electronics and this will be my first mac. Any recommendations would be great.

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Any TV with an HDMI, Composite, DVI, VGA or S-Video or Component input will work.

How to: Connect a MacBook, MacBook Air, or MacBook Pro to a TV

But just to be clear, TVs are not good as external computer displays, the content will look blurry (except moving images, like video) and will only put stress onto your eyes.

Also have a look at the following links, as the information presented there might be helpful in your future endeavours into Mac OS X and could clear up initial confusion and may even prevent harm to your system or your files.

Mac OS X Basics

Switch 101 - guide with articles made by Apple on how to accustom yourself, after you switched to Mac OS X from Windows​

Mac 101 - How to get started with Mac OS X​

Find out how - tutorial videos made by Apple on how to do certain thing in Mac OS X​

Pro tips - tips made available by Apple for easier ways of doing certain tasks​

Mac OS X Keyboard Shortcuts - Learn about common Mac OS X keyboard shortcuts.​

Mac OS X Beginner's Guide by MacRumors - learn about software, media players, shortcuts and some useful tips, tricks and hints​

Mac Guides - tutorials, product guides and more​

MRoogle - a very effective tool to search these fora using Google and made available by edesignuk, introductory threads: 1, 2 and 3

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.