What is The Best "way" or "Software" to uninstall unused application on Mac ???

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by 10-Dee-Q, Jan 10, 2007.

  1. 10-Dee-Q macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 10, 2006
    Location:
    Bandung, West Java, Indonesia & Singapore
    #1
    Hi, i'm a switcher,
    and just wondering
    what is the best way to uninstall any unused applications on mac ?
    is there any software to make it real clean ?


    cause in Windows u must use software or manually delete the registry if u want to uninstall the software cleanly.

    i stilll can figure it out how to do it the best way in mac,

    your help is greatly appriciated, thank you.
     
  2. Warbrain macrumors 603

    Warbrain

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2004
    Location:
    Chicago, IL
    #2
    I use AppDelete to get rid of unwanted programs.
     
  3. atszyman macrumors 68020

    atszyman

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2003
    Location:
    The Dallas 'burbs
    #3
    Macs don't have a registry so for 90% of the software you can just drag the app to the trash and all that's left is a few tiny prefs files in the library. They can usually be found by searching for the app name but are so tiny it's usually not worth the effort. The remaining 10% they should come with their own uninstaller (if they are nice).

    Some people use applications like AppZapper to do their uninstalling. I'm pretty particular about what gets installed so I don't do a lot of uninstalls so I cannot comment on any good uninstaller apps.
     

Share This Page