Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pistol Pete

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 6, 2005
California
is there going to be a live feed?> most likely not

text?> macrumors but how?

will be a keynote presentation later on in the apple site?

Thanks,
Peter

buryyourbrideau

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2005
Chicago
irc.krono.net

#macrumors

chatting client for those of you that dont know and there is a special room for wwdc chatter and info

download any irc client such as conversation

same setup as ichat. very user friendly :D

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
ITASOR said:
Live video would own...but we'll probably just have to read. :(

I really wish Apple added a "pay to watch" option to cover costs. I'd gladly pay $5 to see it live. Watching it afterwards is like watching a game you've recorded knowing who won. It's no fun.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Just come to https://www.macrumors.com near the time of the event, and it'll all be clear.

we'll have live web updates as well as IRC updates.

There is no video webcast of this keynote, so you have to rely on live text transcripts.

arn

virus1

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2004
LOST
arn: is the irc going to be more detailed than the html? you would think so because it is easier..

screensaver400

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2005
You'd think someone who'd be attending could have a cell phone call to MacRumors HQ or something, which would then be streamed to the masses. I wouldn't think the phone would have trouble picking up the Steve's voice, as long as there wasn't tons of talking in the crowd.

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
screensaver400 said:
You'd think someone who'd be attending could have a cell phone call to MacRumors HQ or something, which would then be streamed to the masses. I wouldn't think the phone would have trouble picking up the Steve's voice, as long as there wasn't tons of talking in the crowd.

I don't think were going to hear him over the boo's :rolleyes:

MongoTheGeek

macrumors 68040
The best way is to get a good seat about 1/3 of the way back. Close enough to see the live stuff up on stage but still able to see the screens well.

:)

As for cell phhnes and wireless inside the room,
my experience is that it is rather crappy. Too many people going OMFG and trying to get word out at once.

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
Cougarcat said:
I really wish Apple added a "pay to watch" option to cover costs. I'd gladly pay $5 to see it live. Watching it afterwards is like watching a game you've recorded knowing who won. It's no fun.

I love watching them, even after I know what was announced. I guess there is just something about seeing Steve present it and hearing the crowd go wild. I usually just start it playing, make it full screen and lean back and watch the whole thing. I enjoy watching steve give demos of software and explain some new product.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.