What is the best web host?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by celticpride678, Jan 30, 2010.

1. celticpride678

I'm starting my own website. I am looking for the best host here in the US that supports WordPress Content Management and phpBB3 forums. It will have a good amount of visitors per day also. Any ideas? Thanks.

2. macrumors Core

miles01110

3. Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Best is always a loaded word. Probably 85% of web host will have PHP and MySQL support, which is all you need for those web apps. As mentioned, the stickies have a good number of web hosts that people have recommended here. MRoogle will also turn up a good number of threads of this exact nature.

4. macrumors regular

jtmx29

I use Hostgator.com and love it. They are very convenient, fast, and efficient. They have 24/7 chat support directly on the site. Makes for easy problem solving whenever you need it. 9.99 for unlimited domains and bandwidth.

5. macrumors regular

Yup, would definitely vouch for HostGator. I have multiple servers with them and the reliability is rock solid.

Setting up Wordpress only takes a few minutes, they preinstall Fantastico on the server. They also have PHPBB as well.

6. macrumors regular

jtmx29

Yup, they truly are the best hosting company I've ever used. And for ten dollars a month for unlimited domains is fantastic if you'll use the resources. If you wont then the lower baby croc package will probably suit you (OP).