what is the deal....

Discussion in 'Community' started by buryyourbrideau, Sep 4, 2005.

1. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

you know i always thought when i first joined this board, people who posted their user name in every post at the end was pretty cool, i mean not too may people did it, only a few come to mind such as duff man and narco and whatnot but now it seems with all the new jacks on the board, its become a trend. i think ive read at least 15 posts today where the user puts their name in the end of their posts. so anyone know why this "trend" has started? any comments?

2. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

You mean in the signature? Or the way Duff-Man does it, in the body of the message itself?

3. Guitarius macrumors 6502a

Guitarius

4. buryyourbrideau thread starter macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

in the body itself. i love the way duff man does it

5. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

my actual nickname in real life is in my signature, but i dont type it up every post, but yes i have noticed it, doesn't bother me one bit personally, to each their own

6. buryyourbrideau thread starter macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

never actually said it annoyed me, just wondering why people do it, i just thought a certain few had it as their own and should keep it as their style. just thought if others had noticed it as much as me

7. Zman5225 macrumors 6502a

well I am a member of some other boards, mainly audio and video, home equipment and what not, and I normally end my posts with a symbol before the first letter in my name something like @Z or 0Z or =Z, it's just something I started a long time ago and it just stuck. Doesn't really mean anything, just stuck heh.

+Z

8. goodtimes5 macrumors 6502a

goodtimes5

I wouldn't exactly call it a style; it's nothing more than a name at the end.

So what?

I hope you don't go around criticizing everyone who starts a letter off with "Dear."

9. buryyourbrideau thread starter macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

umm no. there is no need to get offended. MY POINT is that no one really ever did it except for a few people and now so many are. it was just a random thread i thought could spark some discussion and an excuse to not do my online course right now

10. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

It annoys me to no end. Words cannot describe how much it annoys me.

11. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i don't think it is a trend, i think you just notice it more because we have so many more active members and keep growing

12. buryyourbrideau thread starter macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

yea.. i mean i only joined in march and the community was large at that point, and since then i have only noticed it to seem it has doubled

13. oldschool macrumors 65816

oldschool

it doesn't bother me for longer posts, but when someone responds with a "yes" then their nickname, seems sort of ridiculous.

14. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

I'm kind of curious-- do they have something SET UP to do it for them?

The people signing their one or two letter nick names, I'm not too curious about, but Duff-Man's prefix and suffix are long, and I know that I'd get really ticked off having to write it every time...

Is it just a matter of cut'n'Paste?

sometimes I wish I had a beard, so that I could stroke it when I'm thinking really hard.

That'd rock SO HARD!

15. vniow macrumors G4

I agree. Out of all the pet peeves I have, that has to be one of the most annoying ones.

-Ani

16. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

I really don't understand it, either. I mean, it's cool for Duff Man and people like that, but seriously, do you think we need to be told twice who you are? The username thing over there <-- is perfectly OK