What is the deal...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Chundles, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

With the design of men's jeans?

I went out shopping for a new pair the other day and this damned low-rider crap has hit men's jeans too. Seriously, they were so low I couldn't bend over and the flys were all so short I'd have to pull them down to go to the toilet (yes, they were all men's jeans). I don't get it, how are we supposed to wear these damn things? They all barely came up above the crack in my arse and yet they all purported to be "my size" - going bigger just meant it was wider at the top, not any longer.

It's stupid I tell you, get back to jeans you can just slum around in, one's you can actually do some work in without worrying if your bum is hanging out or not.

I tell you, fashion designers need their heads read.

/rant.

2. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

What kind of jeans were you trying on? Doesn't sound like they were Levi's...

3. Chundles thread starter macrumors G4

Chundles

I totally agree, anyway, here's a picture of the Apple logo I nabbed from an very old ad for the Apple][. The bite isn't there but it appears as the clip goes on.

It looks very weird.

Attached Files:

4. Chundles thread starter macrumors G4

Chundles

Yeah, Levi's, Mossimo, a fair few Aussie brands you might not know. They were all very low and very tight, I guess that's just the style now and I'll have to stick with my el-cheapo Target jeans.

5. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Best completely-off-topic post ever.

6. Chundles thread starter macrumors G4

Chundles

Well, it's my thread and I'll hijack it if I want to. :p :D

7. Chundles thread starter macrumors G4

Chundles

Geeze, 8 posts a day for 933 posts.... I need a life.

Good thing I've got an exam and work tomorrow.

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I can't take any guy seriously who wears low-cut jeans.
    Did you look at Diesel? I think they might refrain from low-cut. Also, old navy jeans are so awesome.

9. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

Um its called hick cowboy jeans?

As someone said, they aint levis.

IMO i cant wear pants that you have to do that "pull into the crotch" when you sit down. OR when you cross a leg your ankle and half your calf shows, I think thats frooty.

So, obviously those pants werent meant for you. They were meant for hicks.

I recall in high school, where alot of "cowboys" went, that I wore baggy jeans and had my hands in my pocket when mr. cowshitsmellsrealbad hick says how can u fit your whole hand in your pocket. And he shows me how tight his jeans are by not being able to fit in a thumb. And I ask how can you use your pocket, and he asks what for...i wont go into anymore detail you might get dumber from readin it.

10. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

I think you must have been trying on the wrong Levi's... I wear the 560 loose fit jeans, and trust me, there's no chance of my ass hanging out when I wear them.

11. Chundles thread starter macrumors G4

Chundles

Well, you won't be able to take many Aussie guys seriously then...

Oh and we don't have Old Navy over here, unless I go down to the disposal store and get some old pants from the navy but then I don't think that's what you had in mind.

And yes, a few of the jeans were Levi's - most of them are called either "hipster" or "lo-rider" which for men, not having hips, is about as useless as well... you know.

At the moment the fad is this slim-fit stuff, everything is somewhat tighter then it used to be (which is odd seeing as our population is certainly not "tighter" then it used to be) now I'm no fatty, a bit chubby yeah but certainly not some obese whale-man (I'm 36-38) but do you think they stock those sizes on the shelves, Noooooo, they mostly went up to 32, maybe 34 so we had to get them brought out. I felt no guilt in making them take them back as more and more pairs didn't "suit."

This is the problem when you go shopping with your younger sister who has her finger firmly on the pulse of the going trends saying to you - but they look good! whilst I'm coming back with "yeah, but I can't tie my shoelaces without getting arrested, what's the point of that?"

/rant.

12. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

lol....funny. get yaself some nice wrangler pants at it

them wrangler pants are tight.....cowboys how do u wear em?:p

13. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

Ralph Lauren jeans. They cover what they're supposed to cover and don't pinch in naughty areas.

To sympathize with your plight, I am reminded of a quote attributed to Oscar Wilde: fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we must alter it every six months.

14. JesseJames macrumors 6502a

For God sakes. Get some Wranglers. I switched form Levis to Wranglers and never looked back. Best value for the money. And Wranglers are a classic style, no following stupid trends like low-rider style.