What is the latest version of Lion?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Sdahe, May 23, 2012.

1. macrumors 68000

Sdahe

Hello

Is the latest version of Lion working good?... I'm reading a few threads about Lion and it's like 50/50. Some like it and some don't. I would like to know how is Lion working as of today.. How is the latest version doing?

2. macrumors 603

Michaelgtrusa

3. macrumors 601

Mr. Retrofire

Wait for the final version of Mountain Lion, if you use Snow Leopard/Leopard. ML is less buggy and much faster. It has also a new architecture for newer graphics cards.

4. thread starter macrumors 68000

Sdahe

Yes but I don't know if it will run smooth in my MBP... I have a MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2009). That's why I'm considering installing Lion in this MBP

5. macrumors 6502

chevalier433

You don't know that...its still in developer preview edition

6. thread starter macrumors 68000

Sdahe

Anyway... is Lion good to go now?... I mean, can I install it and feel calm?.. hahahaha... you know what I mean. I don't want to regret it and come back to SL again.

7. macrumors 601

Mr. Retrofire

It is not important what i know or what i do not know. My opinion regarding ML is not only my opinion.

8. macrumors 65816

Drew017

Lion is great! I just installed it about 3 weeks ago and I haven't looked back! It even works fine with 2GB of RAM on my MacBook. You may just want to wait until ML comes out though, since it will only be a few months.

9. macrumors 6502

chevalier433

It's important because a lot of people watch the forum and you can't say something that you don't have proοfs.When Mountain Lion release compare the two OS and tell us your conclusions.

10. thread starter macrumors 68000

Sdahe

When is the next update out?

11. macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

No one knows but Apple.

12. macrumors 601

Mr. Retrofire

I can always say anything, as long as i do not violate my NDA regarding ML. If you want a proof, download ML from Apples Developer Connection (ADC) server or use google.

I do never what you want. You should know that. If you have further problems with a certain user like me, report the posts to a forum moderator, and wait for the reaction. Thank you very much! For me this is the end of the discussion.

13. thread starter macrumors 68000

Sdahe

14. macrumors 6502

chevalier433

I already have... 10.8.jpg

15. chevalier433, May 23, 2012
    Last edited: May 24, 2012

macrumors 6502

chevalier433

[QUOTEI do never what you want. You should know that. If you have further problems with a certain user like me, report the posts to a forum moderator, and wait for the reaction. Thank you very much! For me this is the end of the discussion.[/QUOTE]

Relax nothing personal or any kind of problem with you here just a friendly advice not to misleading people about something that you don't have proof as a pro user i had problems with lion ML it look promising but is too early for conclusions of that kind.Happy Mac computing:).

16. macrumors 603

Michaelgtrusa

I see at least one more before 10.8.

17. macrumors 603

heisenberg123

you right some dont like Lion, but not everyone who does like it writes a thread about it so you 50/50 is not accurate.

18. thread starter macrumors 68000

Sdahe

How did you get 10.8?

----------

I did a clean install of Lion yesterday and so far.. is running smooth. Very fast.

19. macrumors 6502

chevalier433

As all people did development account

----------

Maybe after Mountain Lion..

20. thread starter macrumors 68000

Sdahe

21. Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I suspect that 10.7.4 may be the last update for Lion, as apple stated that Mountain Lion is due out in the summer (late summer I think they said)

At this point Lion is very solid and good OS, Mountain Lion is just in beta, and so its not recommended using it as your main OS and many people choose to wait after the initial release to discern the stability of the OS, i.e., not being on the bleeding edge.

If you want to upgrade, I think Lion is the safest and best choice

22. macrumors G4

wrldwzrd89

Lion is MUCH more stable than it was when initially released. In fact, I started recommending upgrading after the 10.7.3 update fiasco was resolved. 10.7.4 just makes Lion better still. One of the things I like a lot about Lion is that, since the 10.7.2 update, Safari updates no longer require a reboot to install! :D