what is the longest vacation you have ever taken?

Discussion in 'Community' started by jefhatfield, Jun 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jefhatfield Retired

Jul 9, 2000
    ...not counting studying abroad or business related trips/stays

in 1970 and again in 1976 i stayed in japan with relatives for nearly a month each time...and being a small kid, i really found creative ways to get into trouble ;)

these days, taking five days off and just traveling 350 miles and coordinating it with my wife's job and my clients in my businesses is a huge undertaking and the last trip was two years ago, or was that three years ago?
  2. mactastic macrumors 68040

Apr 24, 2003
    Let's see... took a 3 week vacation for our honeymoon 5 years ago. Nothing longer than 4 days since then though.
  3. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Apr 11, 2004
    I go to a little island in greece called patmos every year for 2 or 1.5 months. In fact I leave in 2 days :) .
  4. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    When my wife had finished LPN school, she started saving money. She spent over two months in Europe. It was an American Express Tour. A Northern and a Southern Tour. So she was able to see just about all of Europe including Gibraltar and Morocco.

Now we don't travel all that much. Like to spend time at home just relaxing.

Our longest and recent was four days in New York for MacWorld in 2002.
  5. killuminati macrumors 68020

Dec 6, 2004
    For the last couple summers I'v gone to Montreal for a month.
  6. iGary Guest

May 26, 2004
    Randy's House
    I was unemployed for 6 months in 2001. Bext 6 months of my life.
  7. iJon macrumors 604

Feb 7, 2002
    I was in Thailand for about a month. My travels are getting longer and longer each time. I am currently planning a month or two trip back to asia. This time starting in China and working my way down south, probably to Singapore or further. Don't when I'll go but I hope soon.

8. puckhead193 macrumors G3

May 25, 2004
    i've spent 30 days traveling around australia and 34 days traveling around europe :cool:
  9. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

Jul 9, 2000
    wow, that's a long vacation

did you win the lottery or something? ;)
  10. mactastic macrumors 68040

Apr 24, 2003
    'Course my wife gets a 2 month vacation every summer. Not that I'm jealous or anything! ;)
  11. iSaint macrumors 603

May 26, 2004
    South Mississippi y'all, near the water!
    I've been unemployed since November '04, so going on 8 months? I'm in grad school now, but it's still a vacation compared to cubicle life.
  12. YS2003 macrumors 68020

Dec 24, 2004
    Finally I have arrived.....
    I look at weekends as my partial vacations. Too busy to take off during the weekday.
  13. deanbo macrumors regular

May 6, 2003
  14. miloblithe macrumors 68020

Nov 14, 2003
    Washington, DC
    After I finished undergrad I travelled around Europe for 6 months. 3 months was in England and I sort of worked a little there, but not really. So I'd count it as six months.

After I finished my Peace Corps stint I travelled across Europe again for a month and a half, and then went to Florida for about a week. Then I started job searching.

My honeymoon in Mexico last summer was 19 days.

These trips seem to be getting shorter and shorter. Very disconcerting.
  15. spencerwatts macrumors newbie

Nov 6, 2004
    I'm leaving for Australia for 18 days, in.. about 4 days.

But last year my family and I went to FL for two weeks.
  16. njmac macrumors 68000

Jan 6, 2004
    My vacations have always been 3 weeks every year, ever since I can remember. I guess it's a tradition now.
  17. Macaddicttt macrumors 6502a

Apr 22, 2004
    San Diego, CA
    In a little less than a month I'll be in Norway for about three and a half weeks. That'll be my longest, followed by France last summer for three weeks.
  18. Brigrat macrumors member

Jul 10, 2004
    I took 12 days leave from the Marines in 1998. Since then I have not had more than four days off in a row without having at least one day of work in between. I did take an entire week off this past april, but I vacationed near antoher office of our company, and ended up working two days in the middle of the week. talk about crap.

I need a break!
  19. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Dec 25, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    7 days, sad but true. Never had the money to really enjoy much more than that. And had jobs that made me nervous being away longer than that - having to work 70 to 80 hours a week to catch up stuff that no one else would do.

I now have a job that I don't have to worry about that. So I am thinking of a two week vacation next year that will include Amsterdam, Berlin, Budapest, and Prague (and maybe on the way over, or way back a day or two in Iceland). Haven't begun looking in to it yet.

Side question with what I mentioned for a planned trip for two weeks. Too many cities in such short of time? Some of it will depend on the $ verses other currencies at the time I do the booking. I was thinking flights in Europe would be cheap with the likes of EasyJet and RyanAir.
  20. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Dec 26, 2002
    Albuquerque, NM
    Duff-Man says....I have some seniority so I get lots of vacation time (5+ weeks a year...and I can carry it over if I don't use it)....but I never go on really long holidays. I prefer shorter ones, 1-2 weeks usually...I just really don't like being away from home longer than that. Now, when I decide to go "down under" (perhaps later this year) I will probably take about 4 weeks for that so I can see some NZ as well as Australia....oh yeah!
  21. runninmac macrumors 65816

Jan 20, 2005
    Rockford MI
    I get a little less than 3 months for a vacation in the summer. But for a real vacation the longest has been 2 weeks ( :( ) but skiing everyday in Colorado was a blast. Then a 1 1/2 weeks in Mexico. I was planing on visiting Spain for 18 days next summer not sure if im going to be able to go but it would be fun.
  22. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

Apr 18, 2004
    two trips to portugal.. 2 weeks first time... 3 weeks 2nd time.. those were interesting trips... :eek:
  23. scem0 macrumors 604

Jul 16, 2002
    back in NYC!
    Nearly a month long road trip from Texas to Canada and back in one car with my family of 5... It was hell. :eek:

I love my family, but you just can't put 5 people within 10 feet of one another for that long :p.

24. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Dec 27, 2002
    Location Location Location
    You must have it very very easy. :)

For me, it was the 1st year of uni. I didn't go to a single class in my 2nd semester.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.