what is the most played mmorpg for mac?

Discussion in 'Games' started by ijimk, Jun 23, 2004.

1. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

Just wanted to know what mmorpg is the most poopular among mac users or even if there is one that communicates with the pc client. I tried shadowbane and did not like it at all. I also tried lineage and did not care for it. The best mmorpg i played thus far was Dark Age of Camelot for the PC (it was before i bought my mac). Hell i would still play Dark Age if they had a Mac Client. Yes i am aware of World of Warcraft is due out later this year but for some reason i have an itch to play one of these now.

2. cc bcc macrumors 6502

Can someone explain me the difference between mmorpg and a regular rpg? How do I compare rpgs such as Warcraft and Diablo with mmorpgs? I really like Diablo 2 (although it's a bit easy sometimes, you can't really loose), gaining experience and finding/buying better gear, learning new skills etc. Do mmorpgs have that?

3. Darwin macrumors 65816

Darwin

Only EverQuest comes to mind

But out of all the MMORPG I have heard the most support for World of WarCraft on this site which some here are running in Beta at the moment

MMORPG =Massively Multi-playing Online Role Playing Game (I think)

RPG is of course games like Diablo and WarCraft

MMORPGs are the same as RPG except that they take part online with other human players, not just for short sessions like the RPG or FPS Multi-Playing but all the time where the whole world of the game is on a server where people join to fight, gain XP and do missions etc with each other

4. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

ClanLord exists. People play it. It wasn't for me, but it certainly was very large.

5. RedStar macrumors newbie

6. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

Lineage used to be the most played MMORPG in the world.. I dont know if it still is or not. It's not very widely played in America though, it's mostly played in Asia

7. jalagl macrumors 6502a

jalagl

Have you tried playing it in Hell difficulty? It gets really difficult at that level. Even playing it on nightmare is pretty tough.

I do agree that on the normal difficulty it is pretty easy, my amazon went through the game using a spear+high level jab without much problems.

8. DGFan macrumors 6502a

Warcraft, as most people play it, isn't really much of an RPG. It's more of a RTS game with some RPG elements to it.